Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Bought 2013 Escape

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cuivre Parc

Cuivre Parc

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationTroy, MO
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Escape

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Shoping for a new 2013 Escape. We had 3 dealers give us an offer. Finally got one to offer us one at invoice.

#2 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Current Vehicle:Various

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Mine will be delivered within the next 2 weeks. Titanium, white with all options.

#3 OFFLINE   ray

ray

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 69 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

Mine will be delivered within the next 2 weeks. Titanium, white with all options.

has it come in yet?

#4 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

I picked mine up last Friday. Traded the 2012 Ford Focus Titanium and drove the 2013 Escape Titanium home. The 1,380 mile drive was fabulous. I took many backroads to gather material for one of my upcoming books and was really impressed.

The 2012 Focus got 29.800 miles in the 13 months I owned it and was generally a very good car.

Having had some experience with vehicle development, R&D and production I am impressed with the Escape. It has a couple of the "tiny" glitches that carry over from the Focus interior but nothing I can't deal with.

In addition, I continue to like the MFT system much better than the Porsche PCM or Mercedes-Benz COMAND that my wife and I deal with in other cars.

I'm eager to spend some time with the Escape.

#5 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

Well. . . . . I just turned over 26,000 last week and I'm pleased to say that I've been pleased with the 2013 Escape.

Gas mileage is ok. . . you can pretty much ignore the claimed numbers.  It's much less than my 2012 Focus but given the utility of the vehicle I'm happy with the fuel costs.

The biggest concern, which I've mitigated with the addition of a Garmin GPS built into the top of the windshield, is that the MFT Sync system is sporadic at best.  I'm a big fan of what Ford's doing but, even with the most recent software upgrade (which has at least one immediately obvious glitch) it's wanting.  I'd say the navigation can be expected to work about 50% of the time.  Sometimes, with an address loaded, I will arrive before the system gets done computing the route.

All things considered the 2013 Escape is a really good car and I'll likely buy another.

• ray likes this

#6 OFFLINE   ray

ray

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 69 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

Well. . . . . I just turned over 26,000 last week and I'm pleased to say that I've been pleased with the 2013 Escape.

Gas mileage is ok. . . you can pretty much ignore the claimed numbers.  It's much less than my 2012 Focus but given the utility of the vehicle I'm happy with the fuel costs.

The biggest concern, which I've mitigated with the addition of a Garmin GPS built into the top of the windshield, is that the MFT Sync system is sporadic at best.  I'm a big fan of what Ford's doing but, even with the most recent software upgrade (which has at least one immediately obvious glitch) it's wanting.  I'd say the navigation can be expected to work about 50% of the time.  Sometimes, with an address loaded, I will arrive before the system gets done computing the route.

All things considered the 2013 Escape is a really good car and I'll likely buy another.

I've read that others are also using their own Garmin or TomTom GPS rather than the Ford MFT.  I think that sucks and hopefully Ford will fix this mess one day.  It's an ongoing embarrassment.

#7 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:46 AM

I'm still here.  

My Escape has just turned 3 years old and is coming right up on 90,000 miles.

To date, maintenance has been nothing more than:

• Amsoil Signature Full Synthetic oil every 10,000 miles
  • Amsoil filter with each oil change
  • Replaced tires at 50,000 miles - I put the same Continental on.  They are excellent and still looked great at 50,000
  • I just replaced all 4 brake rotors.
  • I just replaced shocks and struts

I'm currently looking for a new car and have considered:

1. 2016 Ford Escape Titanium
  2. Waiting for the 2017 Ford Escape Titanium
  3. Porsche Macan
  4. Subaru Outback
  5. Mercedes-Benz GLA250

At this point, having read all the reviews I can find and integrating that information with my personal ownership data from the 2013 Escape . . . I'm just down to making the "order a 2016 now" or "wait for the 2017" decision.

The 2013 Ford Escape Titanium has been the best vehicle I've ever owned.

We'll see how this plays out . . . . . 

#8 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:59 AM

Still loving the ESCAPE.

Turned over 100,000 on March 25th.  This week, with 107,000 on the odometer, we finally found out what the shudder was.  The Escape is getting a new transmission on Monday.  Also, the oil cooler has been leaking for the last 40,000 miles.  But, not enough for it to even drip and at $675 to fix, I'll leave it.

Another load of Amsoil Signature full-synthetic this week.  New black wheels (thought the shudder was a bent wheel) and new Continental tires.  Eager to see the results of the 106,000 mile oil analysis.

Great car.

#9 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:59 PM

Escape finally gave out . . . 

New car arrives tomorrow.

The Escape has been a wonderful car.

I think the fact that, over the last 4 years, only 3 folks have shown up on this forum.

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·