Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ordered 2013 Escape

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tparish

tparish

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Escape Limited Hybrid

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

I ordered a 2013 Escape Titanium, White

The dealer said 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. Is this realistic? Any configurations that are being delayed for shortages or a flood of orders?

#2 OFFLINE   haywire

haywire

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • Locationontario canada
  • Current Vehicle:05 f150 , 2013 sel on order

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

ordered my 2013 Escape SEL on Aug 11 . Was told 6 to 8 weeks also. Looong time to wait.

#3 OFFLINE   ray

ray

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 69 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

I think that due to the recalls, they are shipping slower than normal :(

Do they have to fix the ones already made before they can ship them to the dealer?

#4 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Current Vehicle:Various

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:20 AM

I ordered mine and it took about 6 weeks. It was cool to see the window sticker with the SPECIAL ORDER stamped on it.

I traded my 2012 Ford Focus Titanium,that I put 29.400 miles on 13 months, for the 2013 Escape Titanium. I made the purchase in Topeka, KS, drove the Focus there, picked up the Escape and drove it 1,380 miles with one 4 hour stop. I took backroads to work on a photo project and the Escape is impressive.

#5 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Current Vehicle:Various

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:40 AM

I picked mine up last Friday. Traded the 2012 Ford Focus Titanium and drove the 2013 Escape Titanium home. The 1,380 mile drive was fabulous. I took many backroads to gather material for one of my upcoming books and was really impressed.

The 2012 Focus got 29.800 miles in the 13 months I owned it and was generally a very good car.

Having had some experience with vehicle development, R&D and production I am impressed with the Escape. It has a couple of the "tiny" glitches that carry over from the Focus interior but nothing I can't deal with.

In addition, I continue to like the MFT system much better than the Porsche PCM or Mercedes-Benz COMAND that my wife and I deal with in other cars.

I'm eager to spend some time with the Escape.

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·