Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Please note that your EscapeEcoBoostOwners.com user name and password work here and that all of your topics, posts and photos have been transferred here as well. If you need assistance, please contact us here.

Photo
- - - - -

blis and Cross traffic system error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   blockisle9

blockisle9

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Ford Edge

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:26 AM

This morning while driving my 2013 Titanium, a warning popped up saying right side blis blind spot and cross traffic had an issue and needs service.
After shutting down the vehicle and restarting it, it cleared and appears to be functioning again.
It was raining, (If that information is relevant)
Is this a common issue, the escape only has 400 miles on it.
I hate to bring it to the dealer already for issues.
Thanks for your in put.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   brodie9977

brodie9977

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 2 posts
  • Locationedmonton
  • Current Vehicle:2013 ford escape

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

i had this same issue, about a month and a half into my purchase for my 2013 titanium.  It occurred approximately every two weeks, and most often as i was in my own driveway!  After getting an oil change and having them look into it, they couldn't find anything.  They placed a call/ticket with Ford, and no resolution.  I still get the error occasionally, maybe every 6 weeks or so?  it seems to be related to when my vehicle is dirty, or if there is a wind or rain...i suspect it sends a false read to the sensor.  i now have about 25,000 km on my vehicle and no issues.

#3 OFFLINE   Carguy1981

Carguy1981

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

Wow thanks never heard of this

#4 OFFLINE   Boudhaquebec

Boudhaquebec

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationRosemere, Quebec, Canada
  • Current Vehicle:2013 escape Titanium ruby red

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

Hi, 

I had the same problem along with ghost detection for months ( sensors going off with nothing around )  . After a couple of visits to the dealer, they were  finally able to reproduce the problem. 

They confirmed a defective sensor. They changed it 2 weeks later and it's been fine ever since.

#5 OFFLINE   ray

ray

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 69 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

Hi, 

I had the same problem along with ghost detection for months ( sensors going off with nothing around )  . After a couple of visits to the dealer, they were  finally able to reproduce the problem. 

They confirmed a defective sensor. They changed it 2 weeks later and it's been fine ever since.

Do you know what sensor they replaced?