Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1.6L Escape Ecoboost Owners

1.6l

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

New Escape Member

• Moderators
  • 142 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMI
  • Current Vehicle:E350, GT500

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

I was reading a post on blueovalforums.com about an upset 1.6L Ecoboost owner who regrets buying his EB. Anyone else have these feelings?
Ford Escape Forum

Quick Tutorial Help

Forum Software Guide

#2 OFFLINE   Tomt

Tomt

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNW San Fernando Valley, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Escape FWD Titanium, 2011 Nissan Leaf e-Tec

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

If my 2.0 had had as many problems as the 1.6 has had, I likely would be too.

I was reading a post on blueovalforums.com about an upset 1.6L Ecoboost owner who regrets buying his EB. Anyone else have these feelings?

#3 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

New Escape Member

• Moderators
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

I was thinking that the only difference between the 1.6 vs. 2.0 would be a bore or stroke change - I wonder why all of the problems are the 1.6 only?
Ford Escape Forum

Quick Tutorial Help

Forum Software Guide

#4 OFFLINE   fuzzy1626

fuzzy1626

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 SEL

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

Wife stills loves her EB. The first three recalls were corrected before we took delivery. The last one took 3 hrs. PCM updated, ICM updated, MFT updated, cooling system pressure tested, washed, full tank of fuel and three cups of coffee and one hot chocolate.
  • robertlane likes this

#5 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

New Escape Member

• Moderators
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

Wife stills loves her EB. The first three recalls were corrected before we took delivery. The last one took 3 hrs. PCM updated, ICM updated, MFT updated, cooling system pressure tested, washed, full tank of fuel and three cups of coffee and one hot chocolate.

It's great to see that Ford is aggressively taking care of 1.6L customers. Ford knows that this is a little embarrassing.
Ford Escape Forum

Quick Tutorial Help

Forum Software Guide

#6 OFFLINE   Elf911

Elf911

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 75 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNYC

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

2.0 is a world motor and used a lot more than the 1.6. I love my 2.0 with 4WD I'm losing on some MPG but the tow and passing satisfaction is worth it

#7 OFFLINE   Elf911

Elf911

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 75 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNYC

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

But the 1.6 motor is coming revised in the new 2014 fiesta ST so should be great. Also as for your differences if you look the 2.0 has a much lower compression than the 1.6. That's because it maxes out at 17 psi on a stock 2.0l ;)

#8 OFFLINE   Tomt

Tomt

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNW San Fernando Valley, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Escape FWD Titanium, 2011 Nissan Leaf e-Tec

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

Actually, the 1.6 and 2.0 are substantially different engines even though they are conceptully similar.

I was thinking that the only difference between the 1.6 vs. 2.0 would be a bore or stroke change - I wonder why all of the problems are the 1.6 only?

#9 OFFLINE   derekdtp

derekdtp

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 4 posts
  • Region:Central America
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:40 AM

New 2014 1.6L eco boost owner checking in, so far me and the wife love it. It's really hers but I can't help but get on the forums and learn about them. Traded in her 2012 focus with no regrets. Ford family still, I have a 2012 mustang 5.0, or some call it the coyote, both awesome cars, curious what problems the 1.6L was having? Would the 2014 be more revised? If not, hey, that's why we have a warranty! Which it will keep, mustang warranty is long gone lol.

#10 OFFLINE   JDandy33

JDandy33

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Locationmiss
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Escape SE

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:08 AM

Hi all, new member:  Have a 2013 1.6 Eco Boost for just over a year. Bought with 42,000k and has been a wonderful ride until a week ago. It started the vibration at high speed(about 100kmh). Soon as let off throttle it returns to normal.  Had wheels high speed balanced but still persists. Have been reading on line this is pretty common but no one seems to have a definite answer to a fix.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Side note, took into dealer with 75,000k for coolant leak and they replaced the water pump, no charge. Was very happy with that.  Now if I could get radio to stop "freezing" it'd be nice.

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·