Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Blower blowing intermittently

escape blower

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mcconkml

mcconkml

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 13 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Escape SE

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

When I unlock/open my 2013 Escape SE (1.6l engine), typically the blower will blow for about a second then stop. About a minute will pass and the blower will do it again. This will occur 2-3 times. All of this happens without the key in the switch or the car started. Occasionally the blower will blow like this when I turn off the Escape. Is this a design feature or a bug?

#2 OFFLINE   mcconkml

mcconkml

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Here's an update: took the car to the dealer and the tech saw the same problem. He doesn't know why, and Ford doesn't know why. The fan blower is NOT supposed to do this. The tech replaced the blower control (a resister) but that did not fix it. The engineer at Ford now wants the tech to replace the Audio Control Module ... yeah, right. From what I'm able to gather, the schematic shows that if the ACM is bad, then it may cause the fan blower to do this. I take it in Friday ... we'll see.

Guess no one else is having this issue?

#3 OFFLINE   mcconkml

mcconkml

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Update #2: The dealer replaced the HVAC Control Head and not the "Audio Control Module" ... the tech was either confused about the name or perhaps the HVAC Control Head also has something to do with the audio. That's not clear talking to the dealer service rep. This part did not stop the fan blower from blowing when it's not supposed to. In fact, with the HVAC Control Head removed, the fan still came on. The Ford engineer now thinks it may be the the control module that controls most of the interior functions (blower control module?). That part is on order. My car must be a test case for a new TSB ....

#4 OFFLINE   mcconkml

mcconkml

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Update #3: Dealer replaced the Body Control Module on 2/8.  Couldn't get the tire pressure sensor to reset. Had to park an Edge next to my Escape to reset the Escape tire pressure sensors.  Escape would not reset it's own or the ones on the Edge.  Dealer pulled the fuse on the Accessory Interface Protocol Module (hard reset), and that cleared the tire pressure warning light.  However, the system still doesn't work and the blower still blows when it's not supposed to.

The regional Ford service engineer replaced the Accessory Interface Protocol Module today (2/13) and reprogrammed it.  Problems still not fixed.  So the Ford engineer elevated the issue and has a call in to the Ford engineers in Europe (!!) who designed the system.

#5 OFFLINE   ray

ray

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 69 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Is the 2013 Escape ready for prime time? Man I'm really feeling bad for you! :runaway:

#6 OFFLINE   mcconkml

mcconkml

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

Thanks for the sympathy ... not sure what's going on with my Escape.  I find it hard to believe that mine is the only one with a "ghost in the machine".  My primary concern is the blower coming on in the middle of the night or while I'm away and NOT shutting off. 

So as of Friday, the regional Ford service engineer checked the wiring harnesses and connectors.  Still not fixed.  They were waiting until today (Monday) to hear back from Europe.

#7 OFFLINE   mcconkml

mcconkml

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Update #5:  Got a call yesterday (2/18) from the dealer.  The European engineers got back to the Ford service engineer and recommended checking the blower relay (part 5M5Z*14N089).  It was installed incorrectly by the factory.  The dealer replaced it and the blower seems to be fixed.  HOWEVER ... the LCD touch screen display is not working correctly.  When I touch the Entertainment corner, the Services page displays ... when I touch the Climate corner, the Bluetooth page displays.  WTF.  Remember when the dealer replaced the BCM, the tire pressure sensors weren't working?  They also replaced the Accessory Protocol Interface Manager and now the Sync display is not working. 

A total of 5 different parts have been replaced: Blower actuator, HVAC control head, Body Control Module, Accessory Protocol Interface Manager, and the Blower Relay.  The blower seems to be fixed, but now the Sync display is mucked up and I don't even know if the tire pressure sensor system is working ... God knows what else isn't working.

#8 OFFLINE   mcconkml

mcconkml

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Update #6:  The regional Ford service engineer was at the dealer.  He reprogrammed the APIM ... all seems to be working but we'll see when I drive the car for the next couple of days.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: escape, blower

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·