Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Real world 2013 Ford Escape Gas Mileage Thread

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mightydog

mightydog

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUs

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

According to Ford, the 2103 Escape is suppose to get 22MPG city and 30MPG highway.  these numbers can vary, all depending on your driving, cargo, passengers, maintenance

Post compare your REAL WORLD MPG numbers here. Don't forget to include tips that may result in a better or worse gas mileage rating!

#2 OFFLINE   Elf911

Elf911

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 75 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNYC

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

It's a 2013 and which motor do you want to know about? I have a 2013 Escape 2.0 4WD now at 3,200 miles and see mpg improving. I'm mostly city with a little highway for normal daily commute I'd say 80 city 20 highway and now I'm up to about 20.5 via MFD per tank at around 250 miles per tank

#3 OFFLINE   mightydog

mightydog

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUs

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

I was just looking for an overall view on the MPG.

#4 OFFLINE   Clancy

Clancy

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 39 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

It would be helpful to know the engine size and if it's 2WD or 4WD too.

#5 OFFLINE   Elf911

Elf911

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 75 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

4WD 2.0 ecoboost getting about 18-19 mpg at 3700 miles with NYC driving. And it has been improving as the engine "broke in" can't wait till first oil change and see what I get

#6 OFFLINE   fuzzy1626

fuzzy1626

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 SEL

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

Mostly country and town for the wife and she averages 25+ with 6000 mi. We did hit 31.6 on interstate but that would have been higher if I would have reset trip when I got on.

#7 OFFLINE   Elf911

Elf911

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 75 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

Oil change done at 4400 miles avg is now up to around 20 for my normal commute which is all NYC but 30 highway/70 street and our highway is nothing like PA city/street. In PA on vacation I went through a tank and was at 24-25

#8 OFFLINE   ticobird

ticobird

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Escape Titanium 2WD

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:23 PM

I've been tracking gas mileage in my various vehicles for years now.  I use a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.  So far with my 2013 Escape Titanium 2WD 2.0L with ~24,000 odometer miles my all-time average is 26.5 mpg.  My latest tank-to-tank reading is 26.0.  I achieved my highest reading on a trip on I-81 during June 2013 by filling up with regular gas (probably Chevron regular), odometer reading 10,264, going immediately to the interstate, keeping my speed around 60 mph and achieved 33.7 mpg using using 10.163 gal to travel 343 miles.  I drive with a light throttle foot although I admit it is hard with this wonderful little turbo engine.  My normal driving conditions consists of suburban county driving and a little small city traffic.

I hope this starts a little more dialog on gas mileage with Escape EcoBoost owners.

One question I have is what octane gas do you use?  I put in my very first tank (13.4 gal) of Costco 93 octane today and am wondering what to expect other than more power.

#9 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Current Vehicle:Various

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

>>>, keeping my speed around 60 mph and achieved 33.7 mpg

That's doable. 

I don't do anything other than just drive and get about 24MPG on the highway (average on a tank) and about 20MPG in the city.

I run plain old 93 octane.  Ford publishes slightly different HP figures for 97 octane.  Nothing I need.  Paid $3.159 this morning.

#10 OFFLINE   ticobird

ticobird

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:52 AM

I thought I'd check back after going through 3 full tanks (31.8 gal) of Costco Premium 93 octane.  While it is a little early to determine the effect on gas mileage I can say I'm having a little more trouble keeping my foot out of the throttle.  It appears my gas mileage has gone up slightly (~ .5 mpg) but that's not why I'm writing today.  This 2.0L  EcoBoost engine is a sweetheart especially on premium gasoline.  I can now say that my recommendation to all EcoBoost owners no matter what Ford model they're driving should at least try premium gas a few times.  If you can imagine, the Escape is even more peppy leaving from a stop than before although I already figured it would or I wouldn't have filled up with premium now 3 times.  If you decide to try premium gas at least give the experience the benefit of the doubt by taking your residual regular fuel down as far as is comfortable for you before filling up with premium.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised.  While I cannot say the difference is night and day I might say it's the difference between warm/hot and cool/cold.

#11 OFFLINE   curtisc123

curtisc123

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationSaskatchewan
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Escape SEL

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:42 AM

13.84 MPG here in Canada, temperature is -30 C which definitely is playing a part.  City driving. But still not to happy.  2013 SEL 2.0 Turbo, K&N, regular fuel, full synthetic since new, 40000km.  Going to try Costco premium here next fill and see if that helps.

Edited by curtisc123, 09 January 2015 - 08:45 AM.

#12 OFFLINE   ticobird

ticobird

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:53 PM

Wow curtisc123!  If your post was not a misprint, how did you manage to get 13.84 mpg?  Was the volume of those the same gallons the same as we use in the US?  I don't think I could get that bad of gas mileage if I lived in the city and floor-boarded the throttle from traffic light to traffic light.  The worst tank-to-tank gas mileage I've ever recorded was 23.8 mpg and that was when I used Sport Mode experimenting with performance vs gas mileage just for grins.  On another occasion I was hauling garden supplies (lots of weight - actually too much at times) for an entire tank and got 24.4 mpg.  I suppose such extreme temperatures could/would cause a difference but I'm very surprised it's that bad.

IMO, Costco premium will not improve your mileage that much.  You might want to compare your mileage numbers with others in your neck of the woods.  It seems to me that something in your Escape might need looking into.  I know I'd take it in to my local Ford shop in a heartbeat if my mileage dipped as low as 20 mpg.

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·