Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ignition module (switch)

wont start

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   imnezrider

imnezrider

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Escape XLT

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:54 PM

My wife's 2012 Escape XLT has refused to start at times (no, not corroded terminals, not started, no click, etc. which is to say the least scary, Took it to our dealer (we stick with him so he will always have service records). Their diagnosis was the ignition switch and said this wasn't the first one they had seen. For those of you with the same problem and your warranty is out, go to your dealer and ask for a "goodwill adjustment". I think he will be fair. Use a nice approach!! We have 60,000 miles on ours. In my case he "split the difference" with me ($350.00 /  2 = $175.00). Of course, the more miles you're out of warranty, the less the adjustment will be, but visa versa.

• joe winn likes this

#2 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

New Escape Member

• Moderators
  • 142 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMI
  • Current Vehicle:E350, GT500

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:56 PM

My wife's 2012 Escape XLT has refused to start at times (no, not corroded terminals, not started, no click, etc. which is to say the least scary, Took it to our dealer (we stick with him so he will always have service records). Their diagnosis was the ignition switch and said this wasn't the first one they had seen. For those of you with the same problem and your warranty is out, go to your dealer and ask for a "goodwill adjustment". I think he will be fair. Use a nice approach!! We have 60,000 miles on ours. In my case he "split the difference" with me ($350.00 /  2 = $175.00). Of course, the more miles you're out of warranty, the less the adjustment will be, but visa versa.

Your comments are ON THE SPOT correct! 

1. Be Nice

2. Ask for a Goodwill adjustment

These can go a long way with your local Ford dealer.

Ford Escape Forum

Quick Tutorial Help

Forum Software Guide

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·