Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Escape Ti---Lease or buy?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cbrown9064

cbrown9064

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationMandan, ND
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Escape Ti, 2006, KR Expedition, 1996 SVT Cobra

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

Hi!

Longtime Ford owner, first time with an Escape.  Previous Fords have been 1991 SHO, 2002 Focus ZTS Mach, 1996 Mustang Cobra coupe, 2006 Expedition KR and now have a 2013 Escape on order.

Window sticker says build date week of 4/19, so getting close!

Lease or buy...I cannot decide.  Seems the payment will be similar.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Chris

#2 OFFLINE   ray

ray

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 69 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

Hi!

Longtime Ford owner, first time with an Escape.  Previous Fords have been 1991 SHO, 2002 Focus ZTS Mach, 1996 Mustang Cobra coupe, 2006 Expedition KR and now have a 2013 Escape on order.

Window sticker says build date week of 4/19, so getting close!

Lease or buy...I cannot decide.  Seems the payment will be similar.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Chris

Wow - you've had some awesome "fearsome" Fords.  Love the old SHOs and Cobra Mustangs!

As for the lease vs. purchase - I suppose it has to fringe on how many miles that you plan on driving?

#3 OFFLINE   cbrown9064

cbrown9064

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationMandan, ND
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Escape Ti, 2006, KR Expedition, 1996 SVT Cobra

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hi Ray

Still have the SVT Cobra and the KR Expy. Soon there will be three blue ovals peeking out the garage doors!

Thinking the Escape will get driven about 13k/year. The enticing part about a lease is it is done after 2 or 3 years. The quandary is we are already talking about buying it after the lease is up. That seems dumb to lease then buy it. Perhaps just buy right away?

I am going to be gone the week the Escape is due to arrive, so may go to the dealer and sit down and get it figured out each way, then make a decision...

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·