Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Nokian WRG3 For 2015 Escape S

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   escapeguy1200

escapeguy1200

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Escape S

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:17 AM

Hello all,

I just purchased a 2015 Escape S, and I am looking to replace the tires on it and go with a performance option that will also give me good winter handling, as I live in Michigan and we see some nasty winters. I would prefer not to have to switch between winter and summer tires. I have the 17" wheels, so tire size is 235/55R17. I was wondering if anyone had tried these Nokian WRG3 tires out on their Escape's?

http://www.tiresbywe....-g3-tires.aspx

http://www.nokiantir...es/nokian-wrg3/

I see that these tires carry the severe weather emblem, but also are meant to be run year round and perform well during the summer months. I was told they also carry a 55,000 mile warranty, which I think is pretty solid, since I would imagine it has to be a softer rubber compound to give the winter performance. I was hoping for some feedback and advice if anyone had any on the WRG3's. Nokian's site breaks down some technical aspects, but you can only tell so much from a company release. First hand knowledge is always nice to hear. I also found them at $193/tire at TiresByWeb.com, which seems to be a pretty nice price point. They originally gave me some background knowledge on the tire, but again, first hand experience and knowledge from someone with the tire on the vehicle is really what I am looking for. 

I really appreciate any feedback or experience anyone can provide. I am hoping to have a set ordered one way or the other within a week or so. Thanks!

#2 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

New Escape Member

• Moderators
  • 142 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMI
  • Current Vehicle:E350, GT500

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

I have not read reviews about them, however, the Bridestone Blizzaks are consistently popular.  Let us know what you decided and if you find some Escape owner reviews on them.

Ford Escape Forum

Quick Tutorial Help

Forum Software Guide

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·