Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cargo light not reacting to doors

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cilynx

cilynx

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationPacifica, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Escape HEV

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:11 PM

Everything was working fine until I decided to upgrade... =)

...my interior lights to LED.  Everything went well until I was fumbling to seat the cargo bulb in the dark and accidentally shorted the copper spring contact to the grounded bulb-holder while in the DOOR switch position.  I saw a spark and now the cargo light does not come on when the doors are open.

All of the other lights come on when any door is open, so I know the door switches are still good.

The cargo light comes on when switched to ON, so I know that ground and the bulb are good.

I tested the DOOR power rail with a multimeter and replaced the bulb with a standard bulb for testing to rule out an LED polarity issue.

It is my understanding that all of the interior lights are on the same fuse and all of the fuses in the underhood fusebox test out good anyway.

Does anyone know where the DOOR power rail goes after it disappears into the harness in the ceiling?  I'd like to trace it back until I can find a fried wire that burned open (likely), a fuse I don't know about (likely), or a fried wire that shorted itself to ground (less likely because I don't have any other symptoms).

Thanks in advance!

Ford-Escape-Rear-Cargo-Area-Light-Bulb-R

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·