Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Ford Throttle Body Recall 13B17 & 13N03

13b17 13n03 throttle body recall

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jhaninger

jhaninger

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationGrove City Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Escape Limited 4WD

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:50 AM

My 2012 Escape was just in last year for a service recall 13B17. I was told that it was for the throttle body and I needed a software update. I just ran a vehicle report and is said that I need the 13N03 for the throttle body. What is the difference? Is the 13N03 to replace the throttle body part?

#2 OFFLINE   HouTexRunner

HouTexRunner

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Escape XLT V6

Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:15 PM

Our 2009 V6 began to stall when slowing down. This led to dangerous situations in traffic as ours stalled and died completely in stop and go traffic. I was able to toss it in neutral and restart before being rear ended. I took it into the dealer and they replaced the entire throttle body under a TSB. The thing that ticks me off is that FORD knew of the problem but did issue a recall. http://www.fordprobl...-throttle-body/

My daughter used to drive this car from Houston to Austin when she was attending college. I only thank God that it never broke down on her in the middle of no where.

I was ready to buy a new F150, but I think I will just keep driving my "02 F250 7.3L Power stroke with 90K miles. Its not new but it has been reliable. (So far).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 13b17, 13n03, throttle body, recall

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·