Hi guys, two weeks ago my local Ford dealer installed a new compressor for my a/c [covered under an extended waranty sold by that dealer for an external company]. The original complaint was it needed recharging every few months. The Ford Service diagnosis was "found compressor shaft leaking and orifice tube had debris, evac and recharge and replaced compressor and orifice and flushed out lines". The a/c cooled great for two days, then when I pulled up to a stop light it became warm [it was 80 degrees outside]. The compressor was still running but not cooling. The next day the a/c was cool but not cold. When taken to the dealer, the mechanic stuck his finger in front of the vent and said it was fine. Thanx for letting me vent. Any suggestion how to get this fixed without going to extremes. The dealer won't do anything.
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Guest Message by DevFuse
2 replies to this topic