Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2009 Escape

stallstalling throttle body stalls oil light battery light

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Shaffer

Shaffer

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBuffalo, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Escape

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:17 PM

Hey everyone. My wife owns a 2009 Escape with the 4 cylinder. She just recently had an issue where she was turning a corner and she said

"it became really hard to steer, the oil pressure light as well as the battery light came on.. I pulled over, turned the key off, and then restarted and everything was ok."

I'm worried it will happen again but this time with all 4 kids in the car. I understand the engine had stalled even though she said "I don't think so". Thats why it was hard to steer and the light came on. I have looked around and read some instances where the throttle body was replaced and then all good to go.. I have read about the alternators.. There are some TSBs but this car isn't under warranty anymore and she isn't the original owner. We just bought it 3 months ago and it only has 70k on it.. 

I wanted to see if there was anyone with similar issues. This seems like the most active forum on the net... Although none of the forums offered up any information when searching, I have found similar problems on places like ask, yahoo, etc searches.

I am very capable of fixing anything I encounter but most of my knowledge is "focused" (har har) around Nissan Xterras, BMW E30s and Harley Davidson...

Thank you for your help Yall

Shaffer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stallstalling, throttle body, stalls, oil light, battery light

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·