Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ford Escape to use Ecoboost Engines

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   staff

staff

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 823 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:22 AM

Ford Escape to use 2.0L Ecoboost Engine

Posted Image

Ford Escape Forum - Although it’s not set to be revealed to the public until November 2011 at Los Angeles Auto Show, we have the inside scoop on one major change that’s putting the “new” in the new Ford Escape. It’s all about the EcoBoost® – the Escape will offer the most options of that engine ever in a Ford SUV, with, count ‘em, two four-cylinders: the 2.0-liter and a new-to-the-U.S. 1.6-liter. Also available will be the 2.5-liter Ti-VCT four-cylinder. The 1.6-liter, by the way? It’s expected to get higher highway fuel economy than even the Escape Hybrid, which is EPA-estimated at 31 mpg.

Also making headlines is more on the plan Ford has to launch the C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in five-passenger hybrids next year in North America. The C-MAX Hybrid will feature the first hybrid transmission and lithium-ion battery system Ford has built in-house, enabling it to deliver a 25 percent improvement in fuel economy as compared to the outgoing Escape Hybrid.

The C-MAX Energi aims for 500-plus miles of driving range using the battery and engine, more than any other plug-in or extended-range vehicle.

Ford developed the new generation of hybrid electric vehicles via its extensive experience with first-generation hybrids, including the Escape Hybrid, the world’s first SUV hybrid. “Using our platform approach to hybridization, developing two choices for customers in the heart of the market with the dedicated, front-wheel-drive Ford C-MAX was our strategy to extend the benefits of hybrid technology to even more customers,” said Derrick Kuzak, Group Vice President, Global Product Development. Ford takes very seriously the fact that today, fuel economy is 2.5 times more important to American customers than environmental concerns when it comes to buying a vehicle.

So, to recap: the largest-ever EcoBoost engine lineup, the C-MAX Hybrid to make crazy-good fuel economy and Ford delivering electrified vehicles that are both attainable and meeting real people’s needs. That’s news you can use!

LINKS

Ford Escape Forum | Ford C-Max Energi Forum | Ford C-Max Hybrid Forum
Ford Escape Forum Staff
Wyandotte, Michigan

#2 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

New Escape Member

• Moderators
  • 142 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMI
  • Current Vehicle:E350, GT500

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Ford Escape Forum - Although it’s not set to be revealed to the public until November 2011 at Los Angeles Auto Show, we have the inside scoop on one major change that’s putting the “new” in the new Ford Escape. It’s all about the EcoBoost® – the Escape will offer the most options of that engine ever in a Ford SUV, with, count ‘em, two four-cylinders: the 2.0-liter and a new-to-the-U.S. 1.6-liter. Also available will be the 2.5-liter Ti-VCT four-cylinder. The 1.6-liter, by the way? It’s expected to get higher highway fuel economy than even the Escape Hybrid, which is EPA-estimated at 31 mpg.

My Fiesta gets about 39 miles per gallon. If the 1.6L Ecoboost gets 31 for a vehicle that much larger, I'm in! :shift:
Ford Escape Forum

Quick Tutorial Help

Forum Software Guide

#3 OFFLINE   Intrepid175

Intrepid175

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationTexas City, Tx
  • Current Vehicle:Honda Civic

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

Just joined the forum. I don't own an Escape but have been looking at the smaller SUV's (Escape, CR-V, Rav4, etc.) as a next vehicle. Fortunately, I'm in no hurry. The previous Escape is a nice vehicle but was getting a little long in the tooth for my taste. I think Fords redesign looks very good (although I've read some opinions to the contrary which surprises me!) and I'm looking foward the learning more about it as time goes on. Everything I've read/heard about the Ecoboost engines has been very positive. I'm not worried about them from a reliability standpoint but the one thing I am curious to see is whether or not they live up to the MPG estimates that Ford is putting out, especially in real world driving. Having a smaller engine gives you the "potential" for better fuel economy but then sticking that turbocharger on it to boost performance back up to V-6 levels also runs the risk of killing that fuel economy. I've read at least one write up where the author stated that Ford's Ecoboost engines, while being very good, tend to not quite live up to the economy estimates. I don't take that statement as gospel by any means but I've found that most folks have a hard time not using the hp they have available and if the driver actually uses the power boost that turbocharger gives, they're not going to get the fuel economy they may be expecting. Of course, I wouldn't mind being proven wrong! :)

Drive Safe,
Steve R.

Note: Post corrected. Thanks Robert for pointing out my typo. I know they're called Ecoboost. I have no idea where Ecotech came from! :)

Edited by Intrepid175, 26 June 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

New Escape Member

• Moderators
  • 142 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMI
  • Current Vehicle:E350, GT500

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

Just joined the forum. I don't own an Escape but have been looking at the smaller SUV's (Escape, CR-V, Rav4, etc.) as a next vehicle. Fortunately, I'm in no hurry. The previous Escape is a nice vehicle but was getting a little long in the tooth for my taste. I think Fords redesign looks very good (although I've read some opinions to the contrary which surprises me!) and I'm looking foward the learning more about it as time goes on. Everything I've read/heard about the Ecotech engines has been very positive. I'm not worried about them from a reliability standpoint but the one thing I am curious to see is whether or not they live up to the MPG estimates that Ford is putting out, especially in real world driving. Having a smaller engine gives you the "potential" for better fuel economy but then sticking that turbocharger on it to boost performance back up to V-6 levels also runs the risk of killing that fuel economy. I've read at least one write up where the author stated that Ford's Ecotech engines, while being very good, tend to not quite live up to the economy estimates. I don't take that statement as gospel by any means but I've found that most folks have a hard time not using the hp they have available and if the driver actually uses the power boost that turbocharger gives, they're not going to get the fuel economy they may be expecting. Of course, I wouldn't mind being proven wrong! :)

Drive Safe,
Steve R.

Steve,

Ford's turbo charged engines are called Ecoboost. They have been getting rave reviews for their performance attributes from both individuals and government agencies, who are also buying them. I'd like to see what happens when customer reviews roll in after the 6-month mark too though.

I too am considering an Escape Ecoboost.
Ford Escape Forum

Quick Tutorial Help

Forum Software Guide

#5 OFFLINE   glastroncvx16

glastroncvx16

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Mustang V6

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

I've got the 2.0 liter Ecoboost Escape on order. The new Range Rover Evoque uses this same engine, not sure about the transmission. Google Evoque and/or look up on YouTube if you want more info on this engine. So far, the results are favorable.

#6 OFFLINE   ray

ray

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 69 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

I've got the 2.0 liter Ecoboost Escape on order. The new Range Rover Evoque uses this same engine, not sure about the transmission. Google Evoque and/or look up on YouTube if you want more info on this engine. So far, the results are favorable.

Congrats on your new Escape EB order! I am close to pulling the trigger on a 1.6 AWD version. I had no idea that Land Rover also used the Ecoboost engine? I thought Jaguar owners Land Rover so this is sure odd. :shrug:

#7 OFFLINE   JeanWoodie

JeanWoodie

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F150

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

I have an 2011F150 FX4, Supercab, 6' box, Max tow package (3.5 Ecoboost). Also a 2008 Toyota Sienna AWD. A toss up between the two as for fuel mileage. Both consistently in he 20 - 23 MPG range.
Considering replacing Sienna with a small SUV, and am waiting for 2013 Escape owners to start reporting owner feedback

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·