I have a stock alarm and key system that came with my 2011 Ford Escape. One out of 2 keys stopped controlling the alarm and door locks. I figured it was battery so I replaced that. No resolution. I tried the reprogramming explained on other web sites with the malfunctioning key but during the programing sequence I get a honk with each button press while in programming mode. I am assuming its because the key is still existing in the program. The sequence I'm using is the turn the ignition key from the "off" to the "on" position 8 times with doors closed and on the 8th turn leave the key in the "on" possition then push the "unlock"or "lock" button. Anyone have any guidance or thoughts on this. I'm baffled at the moment.
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Key Fab stopped workingkey fab
No replies to this topic