Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dealer Zip-tied ABS over fusebox

abs recall zip-tied fuse box dealer recall problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   NWEscape

NWEscape

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationVancouver, WA
  • Current Vehicle:2001 Ford Escape

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:38 PM

Hi All,

I recently took my 2001 Ford Escape (V6/211,000 miles) into my local dealer for a manufacturers recall on the ABS Module. I never had issues with the ABS System or light coming on, etc...

I noticed today that the mechanic at Vancouver (WA) Ford zip-tied the new ABS Module/unit OVER the fuse box cover. So now I can't get at the fuses without cutting the zip tie and installing a new one every time.

Please tell me this isn't manufacturer Standard Operating Procedure for this Recall repair?!?! Seriously, zip ties? What's next, Duct Tape, bailing wire, chewing gum?

Attached File  20160107_154624.jpg   89.98KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20160107_154617.jpg   106.53KB   0 downloads

Thanks for any feedback you provide. It's the first time for me on this site so forgive me if this subject has already been covered or my formatting is goofy.

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·