Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2001 escape dash lights

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   josh568

josh568

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationChandler,Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2001 Ford Escape

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:39 PM

I have a 2001 ford escape and have installed an after market cd player in it I used a wiring harness and it blew the fuse for the dash lights I replaced it and disconnected the illumination and dimmer wires from the cd deck as well as a black/white wire on the aftermarket harness which comes from a Black/green wire on the back of the oem harness. I replaced the fuse and when I turn on the headlights, the odometer light turned off for a second, the new fuse blows again and the odometer light came back on, I suspect that the dash lights are shorting out somewhere and have checked all wires and no short i checked my dimmer switch and it looks good. If i put in a 10 amp fuse instead of a 5 I still get no dash illumination(speedometer tachometer etc.) but when I turn on the headlights the odometer and shift indicator lights go out until I pull the fuse, somehow the 2 circuits are cross connected or a ground is not attached that should be coming from the dash light circuit I suppose, I can find no loose or touching or burned wiring, so I suspect that Black wire with a green stripe that is in back of the original radio harness to be the trouble and I hook it to ground but no help there, I'm confused as to what the trouble is and can find no help and no explanation from any diagrams showing a black wire with green stripe on the radio harness, PLEASE HELP!

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·