Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cubbyholes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   B57Finn

B57Finn

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationChicago Suburbs
  • Current Vehicle:'16 Titanium, Magnetic, 4WD, 301 pkg., Nav, Hitch, Sunroof, 19" Wheels

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:13 AM

Just picked up my '16 Titanium.  Only complaint is a lack of cubbyholes to put stuff in (parking swipe card, spare change, phone, etc)  You'd think with a console that size they could have found a place or 2 to add a tray, slot, or cardholder.  Has anyone found products that will fill the void?  I worry about the ones that hang from the vents - seems they will break the plastic vanes.  Any ideas or products would be appreciated - Thanks!   

#2 OFFLINE   Thelegend

Thelegend

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 94 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:22 PM

welcome to the site

#3 OFFLINE   SSE

SSE

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:31 PM

Just picked up my '16 Titanium.  Only complaint is a lack of cubbyholes to put stuff in (parking swipe card, spare change, phone, etc)  You'd think with a console that size they could have found a place or 2 to add a tray, slot, or cardholder.  Has anyone found products that will fill the void?  I worry about the ones that hang from the vents - seems they will break the plastic vanes.  Any ideas or products would be appreciated - Thanks!   

Hi there, I just drove my 2016 Titanium home this evening. It is my 3rd Escape (2009 and 2011) and my 4th Ford (2014 CMax Energi). I agree the lack of storage is terrible. I have a cup holder storage device that has a couple slots and fits in, well the cup holder. I also have a storage that is a black heavy cloth that hangs from the headrest. When I am alone I put in hanging in the front of the seat and if someone is with me it has a little grab loop to pull it around to the back of the seat. I think I got them both at Pep Boys. 

#4 OFFLINE   scotthafner11

scotthafner11

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNewport News
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Escape Titanium

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:40 PM

I thought the same thing when I bought my 2013 Titanium Escape, so I found and purchased these from eBay, and they were super easy to install, and work perfectly. I keep keys, chap stick, and a small pocket knife in there, and it's perfect. Cheap too!

http://www.ebay.com/...=item33a600edd9

I am not sure if they will work with a 2016, but you can always email the vendor. I was worried about them coming from overseas, but they showed up fairly fast. I recommend these big time. They use self adhering tape (3M), and are for the front two door handles. I know it looks like 4 pcs, but you actually install one piece on the drivers side, and then put the smaller piece inside the handle, and it adheres to each other, not the door handle at all. I have had mine installed for about 6 months now, and NO problems at all. 

Edited by scotthafner11, 25 April 2016 - 12:42 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   B57Finn

B57Finn

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 6 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'16 Titanium, Magnetic, 4WD, 301 pkg., Nav, Hitch, Sunroof, 19" Wheels

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:16 AM

Thanks Scott!  They look perfect.  I contacted the seller & unfortunately they say that they won't fit the 206.  My search goes on...

Edited by B57Finn, 26 April 2016 - 03:17 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   B57Finn

B57Finn

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:24 PM

Scott - THANK YOU!!  Thanks to your tip I found what appeared to be the same item, and you can also get it with a carbon fiber look.  They are embossed with Kuga logo.

www.aliexpress.com/items/Accessories-Fit-For-2013-2014-2015-Ford-Kuga-Escape-inner-interior-door-handle-cover-bowl-panel/32463435303.html

I asked & the seller said that these do not fit a 2016 Escape.  Went to a local Ford dealer & looked at a '15 - there did not seem to be any significant difference in the door handle.  Since these were only a few bucks I ordered a set in silver & carbon fiber.  10 days later they arrived from China & they fit perfectly!  Would not have found them without your post.  Thanks Again!!   

#7 OFFLINE   Peeg9089

Peeg9089

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Escape Titanium

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:24 PM

Purchased a set of these from ebay for my 2014.  The only thing I wasn't crazy for was they are embossed with the word KUGA on them.  The pictures on ebay don't show that, they just look plain silver.

#8 OFFLINE   B57Finn

B57Finn

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:28 PM

I kind of like having Kuga on them - if nothing else it's a conversation starter.

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·