After starting a cold engine, even with the AC switched off, the compressor clutch activates & runs for a minute, switches off and repeats.
This happens every time I start when the engine is cold. (Engine is the 2.5)
It is winter here at the moment, and whilst I know it is always a good idea to run the compressor in the winter months........
(To help maintain the shaft seal lubrication)
This stop/start of the compressor seems excessive to me....Is this a deliberate feature, inbuilt by Ford.....or do I have a problem?
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
A.C. Compressor: Winter operation
Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:48 PM
Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:02 PM
sorry for the problems winter is a bitch LOL