Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

cylinder 5 misfire

misfire

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   robbi

robbi

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Locationamarillo tx
  • Current Vehicle:2005 ford escape 4wd

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:31 PM

i have a 2005 escape xlt 4wd, it has a cylinder 5 misfire, ive changed plugs, and coils. new upper gaskets, new injector, still misfire. noticed tonight that at idle, it sounds like an old steam engine, ie. when the cylinder hits top puff of air. also have a backfire in the air intake. any help would be great. ive got a new pcm on order but would love to have it fixed before it gets here. :thud:

#2 OFFLINE   Autochik

Autochik

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 41 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:33 AM

have you talked to a dealer?

#3 OFFLINE   fordphan

fordphan

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2001 Ford Escape

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

I have a 2001 and just joined this forum today to some advice on this. But my Escape is having cyclinder 3 misfire. It's been over a year, did u get it fixed yet or just get rid of the vehicle. I had code P0303 FORD - Cylinder 3 Misfire come up when I went to Adance Auto Parts to get codes read for free. Then I found this online:

P0303 FORD - Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected

Possible causes

Faulty spark plug 3

Clogged or faulty fuel injector 3

Faulty ignition coil 3

Fuel injector 3 harness is open or shorted

Fuel injector 3 circuit poor electrical connection

Ignition coil 3 harness is open or shorted

Ignition coil 3 circuit poor electrical connection

Insufficient cylinder 3 compression

Incorrect fuel pressure

Intake air leak

What does this mean? Tech notes The P0303 code means that the cylinder 3 is misfiring or is randomly misfiring. Start by checking for intake leaks and if no leaks are found the next step is to replace the spark plugs on cylinder 3. If the problem persists more tests needs to be done to diagnose problem, see "Possible Causes" What does this mean? When is the code detected? Engine Cylinder 3 is Misfiring. Possible symptoms Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) Lack/loss of power Hard start Engine hesitation P0303 FORD Description When a misfire occurs, engine speed will fluctuate. If the engine speed fluctuates enough to cause the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor signal to vary, the Engine Control Module (ECM) can determine that a misfire is occurring.

Read more: https://www.autocode...p0303_ford.html

Not sure what to do since Ford doesn't make it easy to work on anymore.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: misfire

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·