Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hello, new guy here...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   unca waldo

unca waldo

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Edge Titanium/2007 Dodge Magnum R/T

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:06 PM

... with a couple of questions.

Recently, my daughter was involved in collision, which ended up totaling her Jeep.  I own a 2015 Edge Titanium, which she really likes, but would prefer something just a little smaller.

I took her out to a local Ford dealer and had her check out the Escape... she really liked it, and as soon as her settlement check comes through, she and I plan on buying an Escape.

That's the long way around to getting to my questions...

First, I see the Escape she's looking at come equipped with either the 1.5 liter Eco-Boost, or the 2.0 Eco-Boost.  My Edge has the 2.0 and I'm amazed at the level of performance available from such a "small" engine.  I'm kinda old skool and still getting my mind wrapped around how much power can be coaxed out of relatively small displacement engines.  The car I drive is a 2007 Magnum with the 5.7 Hemi... so I'm kinda comparing apples to oranges.

My daughter drives freeways a lot, with regular trips between Long Beach in So Cal, to Phoenix Az.  My concern is, the 1.5 would be run ragged at sustained high speeds.  The obvious alternative is, the 2.0.

The second question is, I suppose... is the 2.0 over kill for such a small vehicle?  As I said, the 2.0 in my Edge has all the power I need.

Anyway, thanks for any input or advise...

Edited by unca waldo, 25 November 2016 - 10:08 PM.

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·