Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2001 ford escape jerks when hitting bumps or shifting

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cposten

Cposten

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Vehicle:2001 Ford escape

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:02 AM

Hello,
My girlfriend has a 2001 Ford escape and whenever it shifts gears, accelorates, or hits a bump the car will steering wheel will go loose and the entire car will jerk to either the left or right side. I've since replaced lower both control arms and ball joints, both tie rods (inner and outer), wheel bearings, sway bar links, and cv axles. Nothing has solved the problem. I've gone through and reinspected everything and re torqued everything to be sure it's all in spec. The drive side cv axle popped out of the joint when replacing the driver side control arm but I was able to spin the rotor and get it to pop back in place. Idk if that could be the problem but it was still doing it when I first replaced them. I'm at a complete loss right now so any ideas/info would be greatly appreciated. All parts were replaced with Moog parts. Thanks for your time.

Edited by Cposten, 03 December 2016 - 11:09 AM.

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·