Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Escape Water Pump

water pump

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   deerlake

deerlake

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 9 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Locationhome
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Escape 4 cyl

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:28 AM

Has anyone successfully removed a Water pump from a 4 cyl Escape? I have the 3 bolts out and it seems to be seized in the cavity.  I want to make sure that I dont break anything. Pictures would help. Thanks.

#2 OFFLINE   deerlake

deerlake

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 9 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:54 AM

I hope there are only 3 bolts to remove. It's hard to find specific information for a 2010 4Cyl Escape but from what I can see from looking at replacement parts , there are only 3 bolts.

#3 OFFLINE   deerlake

deerlake

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 9 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:59 AM

I will answer my own question in case it helps someone else. There are only 3 bolts. The pump housing was seized inside the cavity that it sits inside. I got it out by putting a pipe wrench onto it, sliding a metal pipe over the end of the wrench and then reefing on it, back and forth. Eventually it started to move. Once I had done that for a while so that it would spin in the cavity I jerked the handle (over and over) in the direction needed for the pump to come out of the cavity. It took a lot of persistence, a lot of penetrating oil and I guess some luck but eventually it came out. Btw I totally ruined the casing, snapped a few pieces off too, but I didn't care since I was replacing it.

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·