Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

add cruise control?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Shortthiing_Jenn

Shortthiing_Jenn

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNorth Florida
  • Current Vehicle:08 ford escape 83 mustang gt

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

I am sorry if this is not the right place to ask. I just bought a 2008 escape and did not realize it has no cruise (which is a must for all my hwy driving). So is there a way to add it?if so where could I order it? I am not mechanically challenged I have 3 mustangs that my husband and I both work on so I do know my way around a car. but when I looked up aftermarket cruise kits none are showing for an 08 escape.

#2 OFFLINE   Mario81587

Mario81587

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNewport, NC
  • Current Vehicle:2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid, 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, 2002 Mercury Mountaineer AWD

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

You just need to purchase a steering wheel that has the cruise control switches already on it. Everything should plug right up and then you will need to bring your Escape to the Ford dealership to have the ECU flashed so that it will recognize that the switches are there. On a side note, I think it is absolutely ridiculous that Ford does not make this a standard feature on all of their vehicles. Any vehicle that is drive-by-wire (no throttle cable) has cruise control that is controlled by a computer as opposed to the older systems where there was an actual throttle cable from the gas pedal to the throttle body and then typically a second cable for the cruise control. On newer vehicles with drive-by-wire, It quite literally is a matter of having the switches to use the cruise, everything else is already in place.

#3 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

New Escape Member

• Moderators
  • 142 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMI
  • Current Vehicle:E350, GT500

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

You just need to purchase a steering wheel that has the cruise control switches already on it. Everything should plug right up and then you will need to bring your Escape to the Ford dealership to have the ECU flashed so that it will recognize that the switches are there. On a side note, I think it is absolutely ridiculous that Ford does not make this a standard feature on all of their vehicles. Any vehicle that is drive-by-wire (no throttle cable) has cruise control that is controlled by a computer as opposed to the older systems where there was an actual throttle cable from the gas pedal to the throttle body and then typically a second cable for the cruise control. On newer vehicles with drive-by-wire, It quite literally is a matter of having the switches to use the cruise, everything else is already in place.

Have you tried Grant? They make replacement wheels for the GT500 and other models.
Ford Escape Forum

Quick Tutorial Help

Forum Software Guide

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·