Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The 2013 Ford Escape ranks 8 out of 22 Affordable Compact SUVs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Crazy4aford

Crazy4aford

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 63 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

The redesigned 2013 Ford Escape impresses auto writers with its engaging performance, though some say that the Escape’s tech features can be difficult to use.

The 2013 Ford Escape has a 2.5-liter base engine that gets good fuel economy. However, critics prefer the optional EcoBoost engines for their lively acceleration. test drivers say the 2013 Escape handles a lot like a small car, making it one of the most fun-to-drive cars in the class.

The Ford Escape is the 2013 Best Compact SUV for the Money because it has the best combination of ownership costs and positive reviews in its class.

Inside, the 2013 Escape has good cargo space, though it doesn’t have as much as family-focused rivals like the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4. Test drivers also say the cabin has a quality look and feel, and report that there’s comfortable seating for all but the tallest passengers. The 2013 Escape can be equipped with interior tech like Ford Sync and Sync with MyFord Touch, as well as a class-exclusive, motion-activated liftgate. While these features make the Escape one of the most high-tech models in the class, more than one reviewer notes that they can be hard to use. 

• "The redesigned 2013 Ford Escape is dramatically different than the vehicle it replaces. This compact sport utility is smooth, refined, and quite engaging to drive." -- Consumer Guide
  • "The new Escape finally delivers a modern small crossover to the Ford family. It's certainly one of the sharpest looking vehicles in this price class, and when equipped with one of the EcoBoost engines, the Escape is a fun and practical ute." -- Popular Mechanics
  • "Pros: Slippery styling, zippy handling, bank-vault solidity. Cons: MyFord Touch infotainment hassles, and, um, that's about it." -- MSNBC

#2 OFFLINE   JimmyJ

JimmyJ

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

I guess middle of the pack is better than end of the pack

#3 OFFLINE   Thelegend

Thelegend

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

Thanks that is some good info. the only thing that worries me is the Ford Touch I have heard some bad things about it.

#4 OFFLINE   Carguy1981

Carguy1981

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

I would rank my escape higher than 8.  It has all I need plus the style and MPG

#5 OFFLINE   JimmyJ

JimmyJ

New Escape Member

• Escape Member