Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

One Fob Key For Multiple Ford Vehicles?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jmpoole

jmpoole

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Explorer XLT, 2012 Escape XLT, 2009 Escape Limited

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:35 AM

I previously had a 2012 Escape and a 2003 Explorer and was able to program the fob key of the Escape to the Explorer allowing that fob to control both vehicles eliminating the need for the Explorer's original keychain FOB (less bulk in my pocket).  I recently added a 2009 Escape for my daughter and replaced the 2003 Explorer with a 2013 model.  I had regular PATS (chip) keys made for each vehicle planning to once again program the FOB key for one vehicle to handle all 3 vehicles to avoid needing the large FOB keys for all 3 on my keyring.  However, the procedure for programming a FOB on the 2009 Escape will not add a FOB to the vehicle, and pressing a button on the remote simply causes the horn to blow as if to indicate it sees the FOB but will not accept it.

It seems like the only way to add a FOB is to program a FOB key to the car by following the alternate add key procedure and not through the add FOB procedure.  Anyone have any luck programming another Ford's FOB key to operate the locks on their Escape while using a chip key to operate the ignition?  Is there an alternate procedure for the FOB programming that I have not found?

FORD remote key fob programming instructions -

Procedure seems to work as shown through the 8 key cycles and the locks cycling on the 8th turn to ON position, but the key press of a FOB key button at that point blows horn instead of activating locks as shown in the video.

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·