Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2010 Escape Buying Questions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bob the Medic

Bob the Medic

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Escape Limited

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

I am in process of helping my daughter buy a 2010 Escape Limited with 3.0L motor and AWD.  It's a 1-Owner vehicle with 135,000 miles from very reputable used car dealer in my town.  I have never owned a Ford.  Wondering if some members can tell me any common problems to look for.  It runs and looks like new.  No rust inside door bottom edges.  There is one problem--It keeps killing the battery.  Reputable used car dealing trying to diagnose this issue.  Engine looks great.  Thought it had a ticking sound at very front.  It has tons of power and very smooth acceleration.  Cannot even hear trans shifting from park to reverse to drive.  I do notice read drive shaft and Cat have a lot of rust on them but frame is rust-free.  Looks like a fine vehicle but I know every vehicle seems to have it's own set of quirks.  Thanks for any info.  Buying it tomorrow.

Edited by Bob the Medic, 02 January 2018 - 04:23 PM.

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·