My 2012 Escape with 104k miles recently had it's 100k mile maintenance.
Then during a snow storm the check engine light came on after sitting in garage all night, code P0446.
Local dealer found and fixed the problem quickly. I'm sharing it in case others experience this issue and to see if it is common.
The service tech said the wires connecting the fuel tank sensor unit was damaged. These wires are totally exposed to road debris where they enter the bottom of the chassis. There is no protective cover or reinforcement.
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Guest Message by DevFuse
2012 Escape check engine warningcheck engine
No replies to this topic