Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Please note that your EscapeEcoBoostOwners.com user name and password work here and that all of your topics, posts and photos have been transferred here as well. If you need assistance, please contact us here.

Photo
- - - - -

Rough shift between 3rd and overdrive (automatic)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   raymos50

raymos50

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 4 posts
  • Location31324
  • Current Vehicle:2002 Ford Escape 3.0 AWD

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:33 AM

Wanted to get some thoughts on what might cause a shudder when my 2002 Escape XLT 3.0 shifts into and out of overdrive. This first started around 70k miles but was then remedied by a flush. However, during the service, the mechanic failed to realize that the filter is not supposed to be replaced on this model so they had to order a new screen special from the dealer. It started to happen again around 130k miles but another 2 flushes later it is still happening. I am wondering if I should replace the internal screen again to get things back to normal but I would expect the flush to clear the screen.

The local dealer could find nothing wrong but was happy to charge for connecting the car to his computer.

I can manage it a bit by disabling the overdrive when driving at slower speeds and enabling it (allowing it to shift up) only when RPMs are higher.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   UncleBuck

UncleBuck

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

How much soot was found in the fluid when changed the first time?  It will indicate transmission clutch wear.