Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Escape Ecoboost Owners?

ecoboost

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   staff

staff

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 871 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

Has anyone purchased a new Ford Escape with either the 1.6L or 2.0L Ecoboost engine?

Chime in if you did, please.
  • refSeifiact likes this
Ford Escape Forum Staff
Wyandotte, Michigan

#2 OFFLINE   glastroncvx16

glastroncvx16

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Mustang V6

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

On June 1st, after a 1/2 hour test drive, I ordered an Escape SE FWD with 2.0 liter Ecoboost and the Trailer Tow package, painted in Deep Impact Blue. Very basic package. The dealer in Brainerd, MN made an offer on my trade in (2011 Mustang coupe - again very basic) that I couldn't resist. Salesman said it'd be a 4-6 week wait for delivery. I'm prepping myself for a 2 month wait.

Why trade in a Mustang? Getting in and out has become more difficult at my age. Love the gas mileage of 31 mpg highway and 21 city. This is the 3.7 liter V-6 with the 6 spd manual. That engine is just great.

I tow outboard race boats for our club which makes the new 2.0 liter Ecoboost perfect for the mission. The turbo puts the torque down low in the rpm range, which should keep the transmission from hunting for the right gear when towing, not unlike a diesel. I've had 2 Jetta diesels in the past.

Why FWD, not 4wd, up here in Minnesota. Never had an issue in the snow with the Mustang. I am assuming the FWD Escape will handle the snow. If not, I'll stay home and shovel the driveway.

Regarding the test drive. The Brainerd dealer was the first one in Minnesota that got the new Escape. This was the SEL 4wd with the 2.0 liter. What a gutsy little performer. Not as fast as the Mustang, but more than adequate.

When I first saw the 2013 Escape last year, I knew I had to have one. Almost bought an Edge with the 3.5 liter last year. Glad that fell thru.

Sorry for the rambling. I'm done.

#3 OFFLINE   ray

ray

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 69 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

On June 1st, after a 1/2 hour test drive, I ordered an Escape SE FWD with 2.0 liter Ecoboost and the Trailer Tow package, painted in Deep Impact Blue. Very basic package. The dealer in Brainerd, MN made an offer on my trade in (2011 Mustang coupe - again very basic) that I couldn't resist. Salesman said it'd be a 4-6 week wait for delivery. I'm prepping myself for a 2 month wait.

Why trade in a Mustang? Getting in and out has become more difficult at my age. Love the gas mileage of 31 mpg highway and 21 city. This is the 3.7 liter V-6 with the 6 spd manual. That engine is just great.

I tow outboard race boats for our club which makes the new 2.0 liter Ecoboost perfect for the mission. The turbo puts the torque down low in the rpm range, which should keep the transmission from hunting for the right gear when towing, not unlike a diesel. I've had 2 Jetta diesels in the past.

Why FWD, not 4wd, up here in Minnesota. Never had an issue in the snow with the Mustang. I am assuming the FWD Escape will handle the snow. If not, I'll stay home and shovel the driveway.

Regarding the test drive. The Brainerd dealer was the first one in Minnesota that got the new Escape. This was the SEL 4wd with the 2.0 liter. What a gutsy little performer. Not as fast as the Mustang, but more than adequate.

When I first saw the 2013 Escape last year, I knew I had to have one. Almost bought an Edge with the 3.5 liter last year. Glad that fell thru.

Sorry for the rambling. I'm done.

Ramble on. I love to hear why others are getting the new Escape, especially the Ecoboost version. I travel a lot, so the 1.6 EB getting 30+ MPG is golden.

You've actually got me thinking about getting the AWD version though. In metro Detroit, how often have I ever needed this? Maybe twice in a decade was there a time when I needed four wheels that grip. And both of those times I was IN Detroit, which doesn't even plow their steets until April.

I saw the new blue on a Mustang at the dealer and it looked really good. I am thinking the sterling gray might be something new for me as I've had red and blue cars forever!

#4 OFFLINE   glastroncvx16

glastroncvx16

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Mustang V6

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

Ray,

The report on the 1.6 liter Ecoboost from some auto journalists give it good reviews. One journalist was driving around San Francisco noting that power was lacking in some of the mountain climbs but otherwise more than adequate. If I didn't have a boat or need to tow a trailer I would go with the 1.6 liter.

The salesman I went on the test drive with said he has a 2011 Escape. He likes his, but noted that the 2013 was quieter, and rode and handled much better. His wife has a Focus and noted that the instrument panels were similar. The Escape is based on the Focus platform.

My Mustang's only option is the Candy Red Metallic. I was tempted to order that color. Looks great ,when clean and out in the sun. More people have commented on the color. The 3.7 V-6 is an awesome engine. Great mpg (over 30 on the highway) and a kick when I get on it in either 2nd or 3rd gear. 2nd gear acceleration on the entrance ramp with a shift into 3rd is a hoot. The torque of the Ecoboost is 270 lb ft versus 280 lb ft for the 3.7. Don't have to rev up the Ecoboost to get going, although the V-6 is more exhilarating when passing 3,500 rpm. Love this car.

The Escape allows me to tow 3,500 lbs and when on the road, I can pull over and take a snooze in the back. Fuel mileage should be similar. Too bad the manual trans is not available as it is in Europe.

Regardless, I'm sure you will not be disappointed with the AWD 1.6 in the Detroit area.

Last February I was at the auto show in Minneapolis. There was a couple looking at the Acura RDX which is similar in size to the Escape. I commented to them that they might want to look at the Escape if they want to save $1,500 to $2,000. Nothing against the Acura other than price.

I'll have more to offer later on.

#5 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Current Vehicle:Various

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

I am excited about getting mine. It should be delivered within the next couple weeks.
  • ray likes this

#6 OFFLINE   ray

ray

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 69 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

I am excited about getting mine. It should be delivered within the next couple weeks.

Please keep us posted and also :camera:

#7 OFFLINE   mbrun

mbrun

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSW Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Escape SE

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

Has anyone purchased a new Ford Escape with either the 1.6L or 2.0L Ecoboost engine?

Chime in if you did, please.

As of July 13, 2012 Yes. I purchased the escape with the 1.6L engine. I have over 3200 miles on it so far. Average MPG to date is 28.7. This is mostly rural and highway driving. I think I am turning into a hyper miler because I keep trying see if it is possible to actually reach the advertised 33mpg on the highway.

#8 OFFLINE   cfdengr

cfdengr

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 6 posts
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Escape

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

September 10th I purchased a fwd 1.6 Have been on the four road trips. Each one about 140 mies a piece. Only getting 22.8 mpg. Would like to know where this 33mpg is. I sure dont see it. But I think the car is great anyway.

#9 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

I picked mine up last Friday . . drove it 1,354 miles home . . and the Eco-Boost 2.0L is a rocket. The car is quiet and the build quality is impressive.

I miss the 34.7MPG average I got driving the 2012 Focus Ti on the highway and got 24.7 average on the trip with the 2013 Escape.

I knew, even paying $4.16 per gallon for regular, what I was getting into and I'm fine with it and pleased with the purchase.

#10 OFFLINE   ray

ray

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 69 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

As of July 13, 2012 Yes. I purchased the escape with the 1.6L engine. I have over 3200 miles on it so far. Average MPG to date is 28.7. This is mostly rural and highway driving. I think I am turning into a hyper miler because I keep trying see if it is possible to actually reach the advertised 33mpg on the highway.

33 MPG would be killer. I wonder how they get these test numbers? I know that the government supplies them.

I picked mine up last Friday . . drove it 1,354 miles home . . and the Eco-Boost 2.0L is a rocket. The car is quiet and the build quality is impressive.

I miss the 34.7MPG average I got driving the 2012 Focus Ti on the highway and got 24.7 average on the trip with the 2013 Escape.

I knew, even paying $4.16 per gallon for regular, what I was getting into and I'm fine with it and pleased with the purchase.

$4.16 per gallon? :sos:

#11 OFFLINE   ray

ray

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 69 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

Oh, New York. Wow - that's a lot. Must be a lot of taxes.

#12 OFFLINE   fuzzy1626

fuzzy1626

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 SEL

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

Took delivery of wifes 2013 Escape SEL 1.6 last week of August.. Took first trip this past week. Taylorsville, NC to Raleigh, NC. Stayed 5 days and returned. Average mileage on dash 26.5, hand calculated 25.7. Very close. Have to remember the reading on dash is the average mileage for that trip. It does not read what mileage you are getting right then. We covered 460 miles ,5 days, 12.07 hrs engine running. We know that around 7 hrs. of that was interstate and the other 4.75 was driving around Raleigh, sitting at stop lights ( you do a lot of that ) and making u-turns so you can get to places on the other side of Capital Blvd.LOL..When we left home I filled up, cleared trip meter,and we drove 20 min on backroads. Next it was 55 mph for 20 min. Then interstate (60mph-75mph) for close to three hours. Just before we got off interstate the average got up to 30.3.. Needless to say, because the average fell so low during the 4.75 hrs in Raleigh, it never made it back to that 30.3..LOL.. All and all I'am pretty happy since the engine has only 1500 miles so far and is not fully broke in yet.

Edited by fuzzy1626, 01 October 2012 - 02:40 AM.

#13 OFFLINE   staff

staff

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 871 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

There's a new Ecoboost site just for Escape owners > Escape Ecoboost Owners.
Ford Escape Forum Staff
Wyandotte, Michigan

#14 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

The 2.0 is fun to drive . . . but 20MPG is pretty much a pipe dream. I've got 2,500 miles on mine and it I drive judiciously I get about 17MPG in traffic.

But . . . it's comfy and I enjoy the room.

MFT is the same as my 2012. . . . fun and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't . . but far better than the Mercedes COMAND or the Porsche PCM.

#15 OFFLINE   Bobby Vance

Bobby Vance

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationS.E. Nebraska
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Escape

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

I've had my 2013 2.0L for about 5 weeks now. I'm avg. 25-27 mpg and it moves along nicely. It does better if I stay out of town and cruse the highway.
2013 Ford Escape SE 2.0L White Tri-Coat Platinum.

#16 OFFLINE   my02ctd

my02ctd

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Escape

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

I bought the first 2013 escape in my state in June. I love it! It has the 1.6 eco . Have had 3 recalls on it so far which kinda upsets me. That little 1.6 has a LOT of power and will up and haul it if need be!! Very pleasing and surprising for the power it has. Best I have gotten is 28 mpg hand figured. I have 4000 miles on it now but wont be adding any for a while cause its at my dealership for the engine fire recall. I have had it loaded up with 5 adults and the back full of suitcases and such and run down the interstate at 75 without any problem. Rides very well . Its very comfortable , nice driving, very good visibility, quiet, handles great on ice and snow. A great vehicle. Im looking to get me a F-150 eco . Those eco's rea;lly have power and economy.

#17 OFFLINE   sterls

sterls

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • Locationohio
  • Current Vehicle:2013 escape

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Love my new Escape with the 1.6L FWD. Have 7000 miles on it now but still looking any mileage over 30mpg. Took a trip to Florida and the best I got was 29mpg.

#18 OFFLINE   Jay

Jay

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationArkansas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 ESCAPE

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Bought a Silver 2013 SE 1.6 in Sep. Base unit has all needed by us.
Happy with the gas mileage, power, handling and bodystyle

Things I don't like but will live with........

The ignition location is LOUSY ! must lean to the right and bend way over to see the key slot
All new Escapes should come standard with a push button start or at least offer as a low cost option
The vehicle has a choppy ride, hope it softens up with mileage have less than 1600 mi now
The gear selector is way too easy to bypass the D mode and go into the S mode
A raised shoulder at D would help to prevent this
yea I know you can see the letter on the dash gauge...but not in bright sunlite

#19 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

I just turned over 40,000 miles, in about 15 months, on my Titanium 2013 Escape with the AWD 2.0 Eco-Boost.

I've been very happy with the car.  The Ford dealerships scare me after a couple poor (found they'd taken my car down the block to some kids house to have the electronics worked on . . . thank goodness I went for a walk while waiting and recognized it in his alley) dealings.  I've found a dealer, in Southampton NY, that's done an amazing job.

The NAV/SYNC works about 45% of the time.  Ordinarily, I might get a bit spun up about it . . but, hey . . .it's a problem that a $79 Garmin GPS solves.  I'l likely keep the car for another year and, at this point, the Escape is in contention with the new Porsche Macan when it comes time to shop.  But, frankly, my 2013 Escape is doing more than the old Cayenne ever did and at half the price.

Kudos to the team at Ford.

#20 OFFLINE   ray

ray

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 69 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

I just turned over 40,000 miles, in about 15 months, on my Titanium 2013 Escape with the AWD 2.0 Eco-Boost.

I've been very happy with the car.  The Ford dealerships scare me after a couple poor (found they'd taken my car down the block to some kids house to have the electronics worked on . . . thank goodness I went for a walk while waiting and recognized it in his alley) dealings.  I've found a dealer, in Southampton NY, that's done an amazing job.

The NAV/SYNC works about 45% of the time.  Ordinarily, I might get a bit spun up about it . . but, hey . . .it's a problem that a $79 Garmin GPS solves.  I'l likely keep the car for another year and, at this point, the Escape is in contention with the new Porsche Macan when it comes time to shop.  But, frankly, my 2013 Escape is doing more than the old Cayenne ever did and at half the price.

Kudos to the team at Ford.

WOW - that's a lot of miles in a very short time.  

Your comments comparing your Cayenne to the Ford Escape are a great testament to how well the Escape has been received!

What's the name of your Ford dealer in N.Y.?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ecoboost

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·