Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Escape Ecoboost Owners?

ecoboost

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Current Vehicle:Various

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

i turned over 50,000 miles on July 3rd.  Finailly replaced the original tires (which were still in great shape) and the car is still  performing wonderfully.

I went to look at the Macan.  It's neat . . but no better or nicer than the Escape.

Still thrilled with mine.

#22 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

With regarded to dealerships . . . . . 

The dealers in NYC and New Jersey scare the hell out of me.  The dealer network is Ford's Achilles' heel.  I had a couple dealings with a place called American Ford and . . . thankfully . . . was able to get my car out of there after I saw what was going on.

If I had to recommend a dealer in the NYC/Long Island area . . . I'd go see Janet at Storms Ford in Southampton.  

#23 OFFLINE   machiavelli

machiavelli

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Escape SE/2009 Civic Coupe EX-L

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

I leased my 2014 FWD Escape SE 1.6L Ecoboost July 1st after the horrible winter we had.  I also have a 2009 Civic EX-L Coupe and got stuck in the snow a couple of times.  I was pretty much sold on the Escape after going to the NY Auto Show back in April and saw that it offered everything that I wanted in an SUV, good mileage, sleek body, and a good value.  I have to say, I probably didn't need the chrome wheels but they look pretty damned good against the metallic black finish.  I have to say that a month and a half in, I adore my Escape.  The only issue I have is that the headliner isn't properly tucked in at the front windshield and I just see it coming loose with time and moisture from car washes (I live in an apartment and have no choice but to take my cars to a car wash).

NY and NJ dealers are notorious for trying to pull every possible dollar out of you.  They have this tendency to tell you that your payment will be X and then you get your first statement and the payment is Y (always higher than X).  I personally had no issues at Millenium Honda in Hempstead, NY and Hempstead Ford and Lincoln was pretty damn awesome.  I tried going to Hassett Ford in Wantagh, NY and the sales rep just didn't seem interested in helping me at all.  I told him all that I wanted the vehicle to have and he wouldn't even search inventory for me without me approving a price.  Hempstead Ford was way different.  My sales rep was extremely helpful and even though I ended up with the SYNC with My Ford Touch and chrome wheels, I'm glad that I got those upgrades.  The wheels really make my Escape pop from the outside and the screen is a nice touch on the inside.  I am definitely thinking of buying out my Escape at lease end and I'm not even two full months in yet.

#24 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

New Escape Member

• Moderators
  • 142 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMI
  • Current Vehicle:E350, GT500

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

Just as an FYI, we are merging the Escape EcoBoost Owners forum to this one.  All content from there, including posts and user names will transfer over here :)

Ford Escape Forum

Quick Tutorial Help

Forum Software Guide

#25 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

>>>WOW - that's a lot of miles in a very short time.  

What can I say? . . I like driving.  I've got 3 cars and 3 motorcycles and the Escape gets most the attention.

Turned over 50,000 on the way to see James Taylor at Tanglewood on the 4th of July . . . . put new tires on (replaced with the same as OEM) at 50,000 (tire dealer told me they had another 10,000 . . . but hey . . . . I was happy) . . . . .  I'm a happy camper.

I drove the new Porsche Macan last week at the request of the local dealer.  It's nice.  I like the looks and it's less of a "truck" than the Cayenne.  A couple kids near me have bought them, one in white which I really like.

But . . . I can't see any reason to dump the Escape.  It looks like showroom new (gets detailed and waxed once a month) and drives incredibly well. 

I've been getting the urge to replace it . . .it'll be 2 years old in the next 2 weeks and it should be right around 52,000.  Zero complaints.  Just keep it as far as possible from the dealerships.

#26 OFFLINE   Crazy4aford

Crazy4aford

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 63 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:13 AM

wow that is alot of miles, i need more road trips

#27 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:43 PM

My Escape just turned 2 years old and is showing about 57,000 miles on the Odometer.

The car is pretty much indistinguishable from new . . . it get's clayed and waxed regularly . . . the Amsoil Signature Series Full Synthetic get changed regularly and the engine bay remains detailed.  

I'd still rank this as one of the best cars I've ever owned.  My dealer is trying to coax me into replacing the 2013 Titanium with an identical 2015 but I think I'll sit tight.

New tires around 50,000 (the OEM were still looking good . . but . . . ) and mileage, on the highway seems to run around 29MPG if I behave.

Well done Ford.

#28 OFFLINE   MORTIS

MORTIS

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOntario
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Escape SE

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:52 AM

Question: I have a 2015 Escape SE AWD. I bought this one off the showroom floor and the window sheet said it was optioned with the 2.0 Ecoboost. After getting it home, I thought to exam the car to see any evidence that it in fact has the 2.0 liter engine. Well nowhere did I find any indication the engine was the 2.0 liter. The engine cover has only the 'Ecoboost' name on it. Is there anything on the car or in the engine bay to indicate exactly which engine is equipped?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by MORTIS, 27 March 2015 - 02:49 PM.

#29 OFFLINE   tonymich

tonymich

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Escape Titanium

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:45 AM

I purchased a 2015 Escape T FWD with the 1.6L with 4600 miles already on it.  It was a demo.  When should I be getting that 30 mpg everybody talks about?   I took it on one road trip of about 180 miles and only got about 24 mpg.   The road was I64 between Lexington, Ky and Louisville, KY with hills but it all should have averaged out.

#30 OFFLINE   mgreen6

mgreen6

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationChicago Area
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Escape Titanium 4WD

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

Hello.

First time on the forum.  Previous member to the Fiesta Faction and All Ford Mustangs.  Blue Oval Fan at heart.  Traded our 2011 Flex for a 2015 Escape Titanium 4WD with 2.0L Ecoboost in January of this year - mainly for improved MPG.  The Escape is my wife's car and currently has just under 5K miles.  I drive a 2010 Mustang GT.  I see the biggest complaint out there including ours is the MPG.  Ford has done a good job promoting the Escape while not putting a lot of focus on its fair gas mileage.  Our car is getting what it is supposed to get 18 - 20 in the City and 24 - 28 on the highway depending on how fast we're going.  70 MPH seems to be the border before mileage starts to suffer.  I got 28.6 on the highway when driving about 70 MPH with the AC on.

Our car was just in yesterday for it first oil change.  I decided to put full-synthetic in it.  I had two concerns I addressed with the service dept and are curious if anyone else has experienced or observed this with their cars.  Exhaust smell in the cabin occurs when climate system is on fresh air and when the car is sitting while running.  It is a raw exhaust smell (before the cats) but disappears while driving or when the AC is on.  Turning the climate system off will also make the problem disappear.  My garage could not verify the problem (of course).  They called Ford's Hotline and of course Ford did not know anything about it.  I've Googled this and can get several hits with others who say they have the same problem.  I'm told I'm the first one with this problem.  The other thing I'm observing is a gear whine from the rear end between speeds 45 - 55 MPH.  It's more noticeable when coasting at those speeds - predominately at 50 MPH.  Not that it's a big deal but I wasn't able to hear it in another car I drove (identical in features) owned by a coworker.

Aside from those issues, we like the car.  The 2.0L Eco has a lot of balls and will haul tail when you punch it.  We have the tow hitch and looking forward to see how it handles a wave runner trailer.

I look forward to participating on the forum.

Edited by mgreen6, 30 April 2015 - 12:25 PM.

#31 OFFLINE   CourtneyNYC

CourtneyNYC

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:01 PM

Still loving the ESCAPE.

Turned over 100,000 on March 25th.  This week, with 107,000 on the odometer, we finally found out what the shudder was.  The Escape is getting a new transmission on Monday.  Also, the oil cooler has been leaking for the last 40,000 miles.  But, not enough for it to even drip and at $675 to fix, I'll leave it.

Another load of Amsoil Signature full-synthetic this week.  New black wheels (thought the shudder was a bent wheel) and new Continental tires.  Eager to see the results of the 106,000 mile oil analysis.

Lately I have had Healey Ford, in Goshen, NY, doing the work and have been very pleased with them.

I'll likely start looking for something new in the next several months and the 2017 Escape is sure going to be on the list.

Great car.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ecoboost

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·