Welcome to Ford Escape Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Escape Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Escape Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Interior roof upholstry - automotive headlining on 2014 Escape

interior upholstry automotive headlining 2014 escape

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   machiavelli

machiavelli

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Escape SE/2009 Civic Coupe EX-L

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:40 AM

Hello everyone...

I have a quick question for those who own Escapes...I recently leased my 2014 Escape SE and have noticed that the automotive headlining (the upholstry on the inside of the roof) isn't tucked in where the roof meets the front windshield.  it worries me as itsn't not even sewn to a hem.  I feel like its possible that it can and will get loose over time especially when I take the vehicle to the car wash and they clean the windshield (I rent and don't have access to a hose so I can't wash it myself and avoid the damage). 

Has anyone else noticed that this is a problem?  Should I go back to the dealership and point it out?  I honestly didn't notice this when I went in to lease it an I don't want to pay out for possible damage that I couldn't control at the end of the lease (and I wouldn't want to buy it out if its always going to be like that).

I can post pictures later on if that is helpful.  Any advice is welcome :)

#2 OFFLINE   Crazy4aford

Crazy4aford

New Escape Member

• Escape Member
  • 63 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:16 AM

I would go back to the dealership and make them fix it, i have never noticed that before on mine

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·