Bobby Vance

Slight window problem

I have only lowered and raised my front side windows about 3 times since I bought itWednesday. I noticed they are very sluggish trying to come back up. They act like the motors are worn out. Yesterday the left window didn't want to come back up but finally did. The passenger side refused to move more than 3 inches. The window would attempt to raise and you would hear a click and the window would stop trying. After about 10 seconds I tried again and it clicked and stopped again. I had to pull it up while using the switch. It would otherwise click while coming up and just stop. My dealer says it is probably just an adjustment. I'll have it looked at thursday while my remote starter is being installed. Otherwise I'm really enjoying my new Escape.

Maybe a bad connection somewhere?

I was told the windows are working normal. The motors growl like they are 15 years old. They really struggling to raise the windows. If the car was 15 years old, I would think the motors were shot and need replaced.

Wife's windows definitely go up slower than they go down but with no sign of stopping half way. Tell them you want to see the windows work on one or two new Escapes on the lot to compare.

That's sad and scary mine are fine and quick with one touch operation. Just get your stuff looked at. Maybe the rubber is rubbing too much on the seal or you have junk in between. Most of all get the dealer to fix it!

I think you have some problem with your window motor or connection because as you are saying its troubling when come back. You can do oiling hope it will help. If not then you need to check the motor. There may be its sticking with something.

I took the car to 2 Ford dealers and showed them the windows would not operate when real cold. They pulled the car into the shop, let it warm up and since they went up, even though very slowly, they said they were operating as intended.

The car had a horrible thump in a front tire. I took a service tech with me and he said he heard and felt the thump. When I went back that afternoon to p;ick it up they said there was no noise or thump, problem was not duplicatable, and everything was fine.

The settings on the radio display kept going blank, the time would reset itself and sometimes things just would not function at all. I took it to the dealer and was told I had the latest flash and there was nothing they could do for me.

The car had too many problems, the dealers had too many incompetent employees, Ford didn't care and life is too short too keep driving something that was the worst vehicle I had owned in 40 years. I washed my hands of it and am back in a GM truck that has not had a hiccup, which is more than I can say about the Escape. I wasn't going to come back and say anything but people keep commenting on this thread and I keep getting notifications, so I came back to thank everyone for their concerns, but it's too late. Thanks and so long,

Bob.

I took the car to 2 Ford dealers and showed them the windows would not operate when real cold. They pulled the car into the shop, let it warm up and since they went up, even though very slowly, they said they were operating as intended.

The car had a horrible thump in a front tire. I took a service tech with me and he said he heard and felt the thump. When I went back that afternoon to p;ick it up they said there was no noise or thump, problem was not duplicatable, and everything was fine.

The settings on the radio display kept going blank, the time would reset itself and sometimes things just would not function at all. I took it to the dealer and was told I had the latest flash and there was nothing they could do for me.

The car had too many problems, the dealers had too many incompetent employees, Ford didn't care and life is too short too keep driving something that was the worst vehicle I had owned in 40 years. I washed my hands of it and am back in a GM truck that has not had a hiccup, which is more than I can say about the Escape. I wasn't going to come back and say anything but people keep commenting on this thread and I keep getting notifications, so I came back to thank everyone for their concerns, but it's too late. Thanks and so long,

Bob.

wow - sorry that you've experienced so many problems with your Escape.

wow - sorry that you've experienced so many problems with your Escape.

X2

I really liked the car otherwise. I really think it will be a winner for Ford, I just don't have the patience to see it. If I would have waited for a couple years for the bugs to get worked out it might have been great. I just felt with the way Fords dealerships were treating my concerns, if there ever was a bigger problem that was dealt with in the same manner I would be up a creek. OH well, I hope everyone has the best of luck with their new vehicles. Take care,

Bob.