Sign in to follow this  
seville

Ordering

I ordered a Titanium AWD in the first week of December. As of January 25th it hadn't been built. Has anyone else experienced similiar time periods between ordering and the vehicle being built?

I believe Ford is having a serious parts supply issue with the recent recalls. An Escape owner here waited 54 days for O-rings for the turbo that had to be replaced from the last recall.

As of yesterday (Feb. 1) still not built. A friend ordered a F150 a week before I ordered the Escape and he's already got it. So I wait.

As of yesterday (Feb. 1) still not built. A friend ordered a F150 a week before I ordered the Escape and he's already got it. So I wait.

Received a call from FoMoCo today and my Escape will be produced between Feb. 11th and March 4th. Something about a "special order" taking longer. The only thing I ordered beyond the standard Titanium AWD was navigation...not purple wheels.

Received a call from FoMoCo today and my Escape will be produced between Feb. 11th and March 4th. Something about a "special order" taking longer. The only thing I ordered beyond the standard Titanium AWD was navigation...not purple wheels.

The problems with the 2013 Escape appear to be solved, but supply problems still seem to be lingering. Same for the Lincoln MKZ. :(

Finally got my window sticker online last night and the vehicle is scheduled to be built March 5th. On the bottom of the sticker it said "Special Order". I have no idea what it means but 3 months after it was ordered it looks like it will actually be built.

My Escape was built on the 5th as scheduled and loaded on a CSX rail car yesterday so maybe it'll be here in 2 or 3 weeks.

Picked up my Escape today after a rather lengthy wait. It'll take some time to see what I got. Never entertained the idea of an Escape before they changed the style for the 2013 model year.

Picked up my Escape today after a rather lengthy wait. It'll take some time to see what I got. Never entertained the idea of an Escape before they changed the style for the 2013 model year.

I've read a lot of people are saying the same thing.  Once Ford changed designs, the Escape became a more attractive SUV.  I love the old Escape, but the new one is more "marketable."

Ford Escape folks---

Regarding ordering a 2022 Escape:  My order for a 2022 Escape SEL plug-in hybrid (trailer hitch and pseudo-spare only options) was placed 5Jan2022, it was "in production" 29May2022, it was built 8Jun2022, and said to be shipped to Larry Miller in Salt Lake City 11-17Jul2022, but now said to be shipped 26Jul-1Aug2022.  All "explanations" have been cited for this situation, patience seems to be the best approach, and lowering one's expectations may lead to the best performance.  Ford has determined I am a security risk, and I am no longer able to track my order with Ford.

Good luck to y'all with your orders.