Sign in to follow this  
scottpush

When to change the oil

Hello

I bought a 2013 Ford Escape and it now has a little over 10k miles.  The dealer never gave me any maintenance schedule and was too far to go to them for service.  I looked at the Ford website and it stated that the car messenger center will essentially tell me when the oil life is below 5% and needed to be changed.  I thought this was great.  Another part of the website asked me a few questions like how I drive (normal) and after answering them stated I should change it at 10k miles.  So why did the message center not have a pop up message telling me this?  I called 3 dealers trying to get an answer.  None of them could answer the question about the message center regarding the oil change.  The first dealer said I should have changed it at 5k and the next two dealers said I should have changed it at 7500 miles.  Has anyone else experienced this confusion? 

Scott

Hello Scott,

I have always heard that 2008's and higher are 7,500 miles, but I still cahnge mine at 5k I am stuck in my old ways lol. Hope that helps.

Carguy

I think that the dealerships always want you to come back in before you need to

• Like 1

I think that the dealerships always want you to come back in before you need to

you have that right.  dealers will put a change mile sticker in your car before Ford's stated specs.