Sign in to follow this  
Mykake2018@gmail.com

Moldy smell coming and test from my air vents

For 2 years now I have been having a problem with a moldy mildew smell in my 2014 Escape. The have done the water test twice on,y found one tiny leak on the roof by the roof rack. They have done Ozone treatments and other deodorizers that temporarily worked. My sister and her family are allergic to mold and she has Asthma, she is unable to ride in my car since she gets sick with a headache and nauseated. I do have a claim out there and working with my service manager but they are wanting to take the carpet, padding seats etc out and even in the HVAC and heating box to clean them or replace them. Well, I bought a 10 dollar mold text kit from Home Depot since they said they have no way to test for mold.....on the Petri dish grew a white furry area with pepper like colors in the center then othe furry white spots. Yep, mold I’m sending in for analysis.

I did take this to Ford service manager and he did take pictures after he picked his chin up off the desk.

He is sending the picture in with estimate of what the may try to do with my Escape.

Anybody with similar situations? Oh I’m a nurse also...I don’t need to be sick from my car

Edited by Mykake2018@gmail.com

Where exactly is this mold ?  On the seats, carpet, etc etc..   since we don't know that, a normal first response would be the cabin air filter.  I'd certainly check there as an inexpensive choice.  They should be changed on a regular basis anyway even if that's not your issue.

What was the final outcome?