oldpops

3 Quick Questions 2016 Escape S

Hi All, my daughter just bought a 2016 Ford Escape S recently and we have a few questions I hope we can get some information on. My 3 questions are as folllows:

Question #1) In the last couple of weeks the car's AC didn't work correctly on two occasions; the AC would come out from the defrost vents and on your feet OK, but not out the front passenger vents ? After playing around with the AC controls (off & on, switching the settings between vents, floor, defrost, etc.) we got the air to come out the vents like it should. This has happened twice.  My guess is the problem has something to do with the blend door, but I don't understand how it can work fine most of the time, but then have a problem, then go back to working correctly again? If it is broken, how can it repair itself? Is this something that happens a lot and is this something we can fix ourselves ? Is it hard to access or get to?  Is there a TSB on this problem?

Question #2) My daughter and I were recently in the car on the freeway and she had to speed up to get past some semi-trucks. Anyway, as she accelerated over 75 MPH, you could feel a vibration in the steering wheel. My first thought is that the car needs to be aligned but in doing some research I have found out that this can also be caused by the drive shaft(s) being a little off balance?? I must confess I don't know this could be possible on a front wheel drive vehicle but I defer to the folks here who no doubt have more info on this subject. Does anyone here know about this vibration problem? Does it happen a lot on Ford Escape models/front wheel drive cars? Is there a TSB on this problem?

Question #3) This car is equipped with a back-up camera and on one occasion my daughter put the car in reverse, and instead of the little screen on the dash showing what's behind the car, it had a message that said the "camera was not available"?? This has only happened once but the internet is full of Ford vehicle owners with the same problem with their back up cameras.  Is there a known problem with the back-up cameras and can it be fixed easily? Or there is a TSB on this problem and we are stuck fixing it ourselves?

I want to say thank you in advance to everyone who offers help and advice, I do appreciate it.

Anyone there reading these posts?

I was going through the manual and saw something about a speed limiter setting that could be why you had the vibration.