JohnG

2020 Ford Escape single horn, need 2

I just purchased a new 2020 Ford Escape SEL 2.0.  The SUV is great but the single horn is terrible.  I live in north NJ and unfortunately have to use my horn a lot to wake up the idiots on their cell phones. Please help, my dealer has no solutions.  

Following this topic. 

My son bought his first vehicle 2017 escape titanium. But both of us feel the horn belongs on a go-cart instead. Has anyone done a replacement to a larger and 2 tone horn. If so what did you put in and how easily was installation (we are looking for something that is not to excessive a project) I am fairly handy but this will be a learning project for him now that he has gotten the basic car maintenance skills mastered.

After weeks of total frustration and no help from my local dealer, I purchased Ford part # CM5Z-13832-A . This is 2 horns, wiring and bracket. After bending the bracket and an hour of fiddling,  it works. Finally a real, dual horn that people can actually hear. Note this is on my 2020 Escape.  I do not know if will work on other models.  I saw pictures of it on the internet and bought it on one of the internet sites.  I hope that this will help others and that Ford will respond. No one can hear the cheap single horn that is on the SUV.

Thank you. 
I saw this exact part on eBay and it lists it as part for 2013-2018 escape.  So I’ll get that and see how it works. 

My wife bought a 2020 Escape titanium in March 2021.  Dealer shuttle, low miles, blah, blah, blah.

The single-horn was a tinny sounding squeak, which didn't get anyone's attention.  Unacceptable.

Stopped by the local wrecker and took a two-horn set from a 2014 F-150.  I own a 2012 F-150, and the horn is loud, and has a nice two-tone sound.

Modified the original Escape horn bracket to accommodate the second horn, and they have the same female connector which easily plugged into the existing power supply.  Now when she presses the horn button, there is a commanding two-tone blast.  

The horns cost me $5, and an hours worth of time to modify the bracket and install the new set.