Sign in to follow this  
Terry

Miserable gas mileage

I have a 2018 model in canada with 2L turbo engine. I'm averaging  about 13.5 litres/100 km, or 17 mpg in US terms. Sometimes worse! Took it in for a check, dealer charged me $100 to tell me it was all OK. Can someone please tell me what kind of mileage they are getting? I have a feeling there is really something wrong. This is 35% worse than the combined rating of 10l/100km that canadian testing gave

Kinda late, but I've had my '19 Titanium for three weeks. It's averaging 20.1 through three tanks. How are you calculating?

also noting that this is late, but i just bought my escape, 2016 titanium 2.0 ecoboost, so i have no basis for fuel economy yet. i will check my trip meter and see what it says though next time i am out in the vehicle.

Up to 21.6. That's likely the max I'll get. That pedal on the right keeps beckoning.  😀

I have the 2019 1.5L with about 12005 miles on it and I ma getting about 16 mpg city with the ecoboost engine stop thing on. I just purchased it as a certified pre-owned and am having a hard time believing this is what i should be getting.

Any ideas?

ok i checked my average fuel economy on the trip odometer, still on my first tank of gas, and i am averaging 20.5 mpg at this point. all city driving.

I drive 30 min to work and home again in afternoon average speed 70 mph. I’m not using the auto start as much as I’d like to, I forget about it.

AC is usually always on and drive setting is normal,  Gas mileage is running 33.5 up to 33.9. 

I did use the eco setting in dash,  helps remind me lighten up on the gas pedal. 

2020 Escape SE  ecoboost 

Edited by ChicNcharge

Update: 2/1/2021

I purchased car in May, I’ve only reset gas mileage 1 time before I posted Oct 16, 2020.

I’m still driving Hwy Miles to and from work. I like to use the cruise control and I slacked off using Sport Mode. I’m averaging 33.6 mpg.

I love my Escape!

Averaging 22.3 recently. Still just commuting. My wife has driven it to Colorado. On 93, she got 26.9, 24.2 and 24.6. On mid-grade, she got 22.8, 19.6 and 19.7. Altitude hit or octane reduction?