Sign in to follow this  
Gary Bowman

2020 hybrid driver seat discomfort

I have the Titanium Hybrid model with all the extra seating bells and whistles  When sitting in the driver seat there is a hard item under the leather at the back of the seat that digs into the back of my butt.  It may be the wiring harness but it is uncomfortable.  I have taken it for service where they adjusted the wiring but I still feel it.  Even the service person could feel it when they sat in it.  I sat in a new Escape in the showroom and could feel a similar bump, but not as noticeable as mine.  They say that this was the way the car was engineered and there is not much they can do.  I found another post on the internet where someone else was complaining that it felt like an iron bar digging into their butt but have been unable to locate the post again.  Anyone else have this problem.

I have the same car but haven’t noticed this. Have you adjusted the lumbar support? I wonder if the way I have my seat configured is masking the bump you are feeling. 

I just found out there is a free fix from ford as quite a few people have complained about this issue.  Affects cars built before February 2020.  They change out the pad over the heated seat.  Currently waiting for the fix part kit to arrive at the Ford dealer.

My company just replaced my old Escape with a 2020 Escape. After my first trip of 1000plus miles in two days, I was on the couch for two days with the heating pad and severe back pain. The drivers seat has something in it that sticks up and runs across my tail bone. I took it to the dealership and they told me there is nothing wrong with the seat. I am stuck with a vehicle that I do not want to drive, on the fear of ending up with back issues. I have been very happy with the performance of the the prior Ford Escapes, I warn anyone to stay away from the new and improved 2020/2021 models. Hopefully, I can go back to driving my older  Escape work vehicle. 

I also experience this! It’s a small item compared to the long list of other issues I have so I haven’t raised the problem yet. I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this.  It’s soooo unpleasant to sit on for any extended period!