Sign in to follow this  
ChicNcharge

Recall Anti-Locke Brake Module Reprogram # 20E03

I’ve taken the initiative to get my Escape in as soon as I noticed the reprogramming recall with the  Ford app on my phone.  On Monday 9am 07/27/2020  They thought it would be less than an hour wait. I was happy to sit and wait. My service contact let me know they were having computer issues about 40 min in.  She came in another 20 to let me know they couldn’t get it started and they had called Ford Hot Line. She set me up in a loaner and told me it could be a couple to few days. Will follow up with this post when I get my baby home.

8/3/20

Still waiting. The dealer has been contacting me and they are still waiting on fix.

Traded in loaner #1 2020 Eco-Sport ( roller skate) for loaner #2 2020 F-150 4x4 (Monster) that will not fit in my garage , seems they want to keep loaners under 2,000 miles. Dealer rep said they have someone coming in Monday to check on my Escape. Escape has not been started since 7/27/2020. 

My new car tags arrived yesterday.  I will be trying to get my personalized plates from my previous 2007 Edge changed to the new Escape. The  DMV assured me waiting for new tags from dealer was best way to go. Thanks Covid-19 for making thing’s complicated.

WORDS FOR THE WISE- Dont be the 1st person to sign up for recalls. I scheduled appointment online and followed up with phone call to make sure they had parts or equipment for the recall appointment. Things just didn’t go the way I had hoped.

I’m very thankful the dealer has issued the loaners and have been very upfront with contacting me on status. The Loaners are above average loaner cars/ top of the line in their categories.  I will still give Ford A+ on any survey, they have been honorable.