Sign in to follow this  
Ck111484

Just picked up an '06 Escape Limited!

Hey everyone, 

I just picked up an '06 Escape Limited and I love it so far! I used to drive them fairly frequently at my old job to worksites, but they were the very base models - this one is so much better! 

It's got 180k miles but you'd never know it - before I bought it it had it's transmission replaced, brakes done, and considering it's age and miles it's in awesome shape and drives wonderfully. I have all the receipts from the previous owner and he had it maintained regularly by professional shops. Every single feature works; this is my first car with working heated seats 😉

First gear is geared so low it' s very punchy at lower speeds, which makes it really fun, much more so than the 4cylinders I was used to. And instead of that spartan base interior, it's actually nice inside! Full leather, sunroof, nice sound system with factory sub, power driver's seat, etc. 

Here's some pictures. I'm actually a professional detailer so I kind of half-ass wheeled the hood to see the potential, and it turned out pretty well (that's why I included the picture of the hood). I'm excited to see how it looks after a full detail. 

I'm notorious for modifying my cars, but I'm going to try and leave this one pretty much alone. I'd like to get a roof rack, paint the wheels black, get a new touchscreen head unit... and that's pretty much it. Though I do have some Hella 500s just sitting here... 😏

I do have a few questions though:

It says to change the oil, but the oil looks nearly brand new. Is this just an odometer thing? If so, can I reset it?

The ABS light is on. It stops really, really well, I don't see any leaks or anything... any ideas on what that could be?

The low tire pressure ligjt intermittently comes on and off. Bad sensor maybe?

Most concerning is it says to service the 4wd. It has a very new trans... any Idea what that could be? 

Any input is appreciated, 

Thanks! Happy to be an Escape owner. 

20220430_143459s.jpg

20220430_172355s.jpg

20220430_143513s.jpg

20220430_143537s.jpg

Edited by Ck111484