Sign in to follow this  
Markfnc

2017 Escape headlights

turned on car to drive home, seemed very dark. looked and lights were not working. Small light on dash that shows if headlights are on shows that they are on. had to use led adn fog lights to get home. Thought it was bulbs, but weird to both go same time and i had changed not long ago.
Took it to my repair guy (already scheduled for oil change etc.) He said there are codes in the BCM, but when cleared it comes back on immediately.
I've got to get to my Ford dealer. in mean time, anyone else have this issue? repair cost? is a Made in China price that will take 5 years to get?

Dropping off today at local Ford dealer for diagnostic.  

By the way this is the for dealer in Cary/Apex NC that at a point had the largest indoor show room.  It might still be.  It used to have over + 100 cars inside, on Friday at had 10.  If i would have been there to buy a car, it would have been a sad situation. 

It was the plastic piece that the bulb plugs into, both had gone bad. Local Ford service fixed, and at the same time they fixed a recall on transmission linkage (?). I had got that letter, but it said parts were not in yet.  Parts had just come in, but letters hadn't gone out yet.  That was great, as it saves me a 2nd trip to do that.  Great service.  Crossroads Ford Apex, NC.