Sign in to follow this  
bob3332@aol.com

perimeter alarm

My 2011 Escape has a perimeter alarm thats gone off twice. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was sensetive or if there was a way to turn it off?

Bob

My 2011 Escape has a perimeter alarm thats gone off twice. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was sensetive or if there was a way to turn it off?

Bob

Were there any special circumstances when it went off or was it just random?

I asked my dealer how the perimeter alarm works.  The sales person rolled down the window, then slammed the door shut.  Nothing happened.  Duh.  I wish his general manager had been there, I will be going back on Monday to have a more capable person help me with this - just wanting to know how the system works.

• Like 1

I asked my dealer how the perimeter alarm works.  The sales person rolled down the window, then slammed the door shut.  Nothing happened.  Duh.  I wish his general manager had been there, I will be going back on Monday to have a more capable person help me with this - just wanting to know how the system works.

It's common fact that people on forums know waaaaaayyyyyyyy more than Ford dealers. :)

Went back to the dealership, the salesperson now denies he slammed the door to "test" the perimeter alarm.  Another salesperson explained that the alarm is activated with the fob, when the horn toots twice when you press the lock button.  Anyone attempting to enter the vehicle and start the car without deactivating the alarm with the fob or not having the proper key would set off the alarm after 20 seconds.

I had no idea it had one.